European Drag Racing finals at Santapod

And just two more, just because I found it quite interesting.
This guy got a bit twitchy and ended up with the rear wheel off the ground. The second image shows the deformation of the tyre from each time it struck the ground while it was rotating making it appear hexagonal. New pair of pants at the end of that quarter mile I reckon!

Santapod-002.jpg

Santapod-003.jpg

Some cracking shots there of some seriously fast moving objects. Especially love the deformation of the tyre on the last shot

Some cracking shots there of some seriously fast moving objects. Especially love the deformation of the tyre on the last shot
Yeah, seriously fast! Fastest run of the day was 306.9mph over 3.9 seconds!

I would live to be able to get closer and out of the crowds, don't know who I would need to bribe to get a press pass. :LOL:

the Euros were seriously busy, weren't they ? I went Friday ( stayed for nighttime nitro ) and Sunday - I think that Tim Garlick's Apache is a bit of a handful as he'd had a go at the wall in a previous meet. By contrast, the Nationals 2 week's later were dead as a dodo.

Great shots, BTW (y)

the Euros were seriously busy, weren't they ? I went Friday ( stayed for nighttime nitro ) and Sunday - I think that Tim Garlick's Apache is a bit of a handful as he'd had a go at the wall in a previous meet. By contrast, the Nationals 2 week's later were dead as a dodo.

Great shots, BTW (y)
Thank you.
Yeah it was packed, I think there were a lot of people who came Saturday and got their tickets refunded and came again on the Sunday on top of the usual crowd.

Back