European Finals - Santa Pod

damianmkv

Uh oh, a fruit basket!
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
great set :) like the bike one best, but what happen in the last one?

The fuel line blew off at the hit. He must have known something was wrong as he raised his visor but didn't shut off so the fuel pumped out for about half the track.

Thanks, Harry. For some reason, I struggled in the first half of the day as I couldn't get the settings right. Oh well, as I only do it twice a year I guess I need more practice ;)

yeah, looking closer on the TF you can clearly see the fuel spraying out the split line.

bet that took some cleaning up. gotta love the jet trolleys lol

I "think" that nitro evaporates pretty quickly so there wasn't much down time.

They're all madman which is brilliant I think

Great set. Maybe because it shows more detail on the engine than the cars but the bike shot in #2 is a favourite. Great focus and great panning.

Good job that fuel leak didn't catch light!

Nice shots you got there, esp the 1st one. I know how tricky it is to pan TF cars and you caught that very well (y)

The fuel line blew off at the hit. He must have known something was wrong as he raised his visor but didn't shut off so the fuel pumped out for about half the track.

A fuel car uses a pair of 100 gal pumps , the fuel line has come off before the barrel valve so no matter what he does the with the throttle it won't effect fuel flow as its crank driven. Only thing natass could of done is to have leaned the motor out , however he would of been trying to idle it down to the first turn off.

Back to the pictures , nice stuff . Santa pod is a tricky place to shoot however you have some nice stuff, the shot of leif helander is the nicest of the lot (y)

Great panning(y) Great set, pin sharp, well done. Haven't been to the Pod for years, you got the atmos.(y)

Back