Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone watching it?

I've not watched it for years, because I've usually been working, but this year I am. I've seen/listened to our entry too, and in all honesty, love or hate the song, I think we're in with a bloody good chance.

Like the song or not, you have to admit it's catchy.

Let's have a \o/ \o/ \o/ for Great Britain!

Anyone else?

i used to watch it simply for the master that is Wogan. However the wife has other ideas, and so Eurovision is banned.

im missing out

Cant beat the odd camp classic :LOL: I cant stand it myself but the school girls in this years entry are :eek: :eek:

Well I hope we win - but thats patriotism, it doesnt mean Im going to watch it, no matter how much you beg;)

:LOL:

Some of them I actually quite like. I still think we're in with a chance, but we seemed to have a dodgy start to the song, not like the versions I've heard anyway.

Fair kudos to the guy singing it though, I've been watching interviews with him and the like, and he really has got passion for winning it. He seems to care about Britains reputation in it all, and the fact that we're considered a country that doesn't take it seriously anymore.
He really does want to win it, and for that, I think he should be commended. Just look at last years entrants :p

Not sure what that acappella thing was (cant remember the country). But the ones I think that are in with a chance are

Germany, er, the one a couple after than (Somewhere not far from Germany..lol), and us.

There've been quite a few gooduns tonight. Terry Wogan is making me giggle though with his sarcy witty voiceover.

"One of em's playing a harp, they think they're going to win...bless em"

I cannot believe that Finland won. Even Germany should have been in the running...

Load of tosh. Terry had me in stitches with his commentary of the evident political voting "Cyprus, wonder who they're gonna give their 12 points to..."

FINLANDNDDDDD!!! FINLANDDD!!!!!!!! \m/

tbh

<rant about eurovision>
I'll tell you what I think of eurovision, although much of it will come as no surprise to many.

Its all so damned political these days. Cyprus and Greece vote for each other. The Scandinavian countries all vote for each other. Since the UK participated in the invasion of Iraq, nobody will vote for us. Likewise with France and Spain - although France's entry was a stinker this year anyway.

Given that we scraped 25 points this year, I would say that, had this song been entered five years ago then we would have been in the top 3 easily.

Which all brings me to Wogan. Some say he's funny... I just say he's damned irritating. If I want to listen to somebody bitch about Eurovision for three hours, I'll record myself doing it and play it back later. I mean, what the hell do they pay this moron for? All he does is slag off everybody in a futile attempt at comedy, and this year he seems to have decreed that it will be extra funny if he talks DURING performances. WTF??

**** OFF WOGAN! I hate you! :razz:
</rant about eurovision>

FINLAND???? That was that weird heavy metal group in the masks was it not? Oh lordy, I'm about to sound like my Dad.......I heard their song and it just sounded like a discordant racket to me! :thumbsdown: :exit:

Witch said:
<snip>....Oh lordy....<snip>

Actually the bands name is spelt Lordi :D
(Hows that for a freudian slip? :D

Marcel said:
Actually the bands name is spelt Lordi :D
(Hows that for a freudian slip? :D

Subliminal (?sp) messages more like......maybe that was how they won?! :D

good on finland for winning, one up for the scandinavian metal scene. i didnt set out watching it but it was on in the pub and well we were muff spotting (when did eastern european girls get so hot?!) so we watched it!

At least the Finns had the nerve to do something different to the usual eurocarp :D

Fair warmed the cockles of an old headbangers heart, it did (y) :bang:

<edit>In fact, it is probably the only erovision song, and certainly the only eurovision winner, I've ever considered buying :eek:

Alan Woodford

A) It's all crap
B) Finland did good
C) I agree with GfK about Wogan, he's a pita.

Eurovision stopped being about the music a long time ago, about the time they stopped bothering to try and write decent songs for it.

Just another excuse not to watch tv if you ask me - but good to hear a metal tune won it :D

Edit - have just listened to the winning song (cos you all said it was heavy metal ;) ) - sounds more like the Darkness with a gruff voice rather than a squeal. Not my cup of tea, but a half decent winner nonetheless!

ROFL - I thought they were supposed to be something like Rammstein, but I have to say Im dissapointed - although they made me laugh with their halloween outfits;)

The only thing enjoyable about the whole competition was listening to Terry's quips...I love him!!

I found TW very annoying and certainly not funny but then I never thought him anything else.......just my opinion anyway;)

I used to find T.W. annoying............till I started listening to his radio show.....now I find him hilarious!

Yeah!!! Finland!!!
Bout time something 'real' finally got on there - whether you like it or not (and I do), it shook things up a little which is no bad thing.
Welcome to the 21st century boys and girls.

I have TW's show on every morning whilst driving to work.

I find it a good incentive to get the journey completed as quickly as possible so I can turn him off.
At least he takes a lot of holidays.

I agree with Rob/Mandy re: the Finland win.
It's a bit like Marylin Manson winning the X Factor then sticking the forehead on Simon Cowell's chin!

I doubt Marylin would have the bottle - Cowell may be an insufferable git, but I reckon he punches above his weight. Plus Manso comes across in all the interviews I've seen as an intelligent, caring and sensitive soul (see Bowling for Columbine by Michael Moore).
Now, Lemmy from Motorhead and Cowell in a pub-ruck - that's a different story.

Back