Evening All

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi TP forum

Just signed up and starting along the photography path

I have always had a camera but guilty of happy snapping for many years. I used a 35mm SLR at Uni some 20years ago, but didnt get much out of Auto. Couldnt afford the films and processing so didnt really get into it. Digital came along and I have had point and shoots including ones with manual settings but never really understood until recently that when id tried to follow tutorials the limitations of the camera was preventing me achieving the expected results.

I recently purchased a Nikon D3400 and so far loving it, signed up to a short course. Ive got a handle on functions but need to now put that into practice so I can capture the images I want.

Hi James, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi TP forum

Just signed up and starting along the photography path

I have always had a camera but guilty of happy snapping for many years. I used a 35mm SLR at Uni some 20years ago, but didnt get much out of Auto. Couldnt afford the films and processing so didnt really get into it. Digital came along and I have had point and shoots including ones with manual settings but never really understood until recently that when id tried to follow tutorials the limitations of the camera was preventing me achieving the expected results.

I recently purchased a Nikon D3400 and so far loving it, signed up to a short course. Ive got a handle on functions but need to now put that into practice so I can capture the images I want.
Hiya James, welcome to the forum.

I have been taking photos for many many years, and always owned a camera. It took me ages to get out of Auto Mode. I wasted many a roll of film. But now with digital, all I waste is time. :)

Welcome, check out the beginners section for some specifics, then just join in and ask questions. Always useful helpful people on here.

Welcome to the forum James, enjoy yourself here :wave:

Back