Evening in Liverpool

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

My brother and I went on evening walk around Liverpool Albert Dock. He's Peterdow5 (check his thread out!) we are still newbies. Can you please take a look at a couple of shots I took with my new 50mm prime lens (it's not the nifty fifty, it's a pentacon 50mm f1.8 therefore not a new lens but just new to me!!) hence a couple of problems manually focusing and getting use to the aperture ring to manually adjust.

IMG_4995.jpg
[/IMG]
1 Pump House

IMG_49991.jpg
[/IMG]
2 Pump House and reflection

Thanks for taking the time to view and hopefully offer Feedback or critique.

Cheers
Alan

Given the exposure time of 1/30" can i ask did you use a tripod as i think rather than the focus being a problem both images suffer from slight camera shake.

I like the composition of image 1 over 2

Cheers for taking the time Roy. I didn't use my tripod I had it with me and used it later on. TBH I though I might have got away without it, I initially thought that it was a prob with my skill in focussing.

Ta for c&c

I feel the skys empty, a few clouds etc would help.
Occasionally you can get a full reflection in the dock but its not very often its still.
Its good how you show the old Pump Hose and the new Hilton or am I looking too deep???
Some one once told me tripods should be welded to a camera, this shot would be better as it looks to have a bit of shake.
But its a good start, so go back and try again :D

It will all come with practice.
I spent months photographing a motorway bridge but in the end I just couldnt get what I wanted unless the bridge was built the other way around, its about knowing when to move on LOL
If you have no tripod use a wall, steady the camera against a street light etc, all little tips that can help, you can also practice just holding it still, I cant do it but some people can.
Liverpool is a fantastic city with many photo oppertunities and often overlooked.

Back