Evening Walk

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
Looked like a clear evening so I went for a walk with my girl friend (who acted as a very glamorous assistant) and got some sunset shots looking towards Southend Pier

IMG_7285Edit_Resize.jpg

IMG_7286Edit_Resize.jpg

IMG_7291Edit_Resize.jpg

IMG_7298Edit_Resize.jpg

IMG_7302Edit_Resize.jpg

Agree with above, last one is the best though one comment is that theres lots of dust spots on all of them

Great shots IMO :)

If you're after critique though, the skies are great but the foreground seems to be very softly focused...try a bigger F-number next time maybe? And the Sun in the last few seem's overexposed - however i struggle with this all the time so it's more "if i had to pick something wrong" rather than "i don't like it because..."

:) Great pics

Cheers for the comments, they were shot on a tripod but it was on sand and it was fairly windy so that probably didn't help the cause.

Noticed the dust spots once I'd put them on here, think a clean is in order ;)

Cheers for the comments, they were shot on a tripod but it was on sand and it was fairly windy so that probably didn't help the cause.

Noticed the dust spots once I'd put them on here, think a clean is in order ;)

Russ - a tripod is only useful when it stops any form of movement - these look like camera shake as I don't think any could actually be out of focus as such - so yes, a better secured tripod and there are/were some good shots available here :)

DD

Definitely DiddyDave!

I think it was more the wind that defeated me this time, I tried a shot with the tripod on the seawall (admittedly with an exposure of 2.5s) and it was as blurry as you like (even using the timed shutter).........

Note to self, if it's windy don't got for long exposure shots! :LOL:

ahh i didn't realise...i just discounted slow shutter because the sky actually seem's pretty crisp...i thought he'd gone for a low f stop and focused on the sky

ahh i didn't realise...i just discounted slow shutter because the sky actually seem's pretty crisp...i thought he'd gone for a low f stop and focused on the sky

The farther away things are the less they move relative to the camera in camera shake situations, and hence they can look sharper

Wind is a problem to any slower shutter speed scenario - and often occurs at the best photo opp too :crying:

DD

Just checked my lens/filter and they were as grotty as you like!!!!

Last weekend I ended up in a butterfly house and I think the condensation welded dust/dirt on.

The good news is that after a good clean and taking a close up of my magnolia bedroom wall, there don't seem to be any dust spots any more :)

He shot at up to f29 guys - it's the shutter speed at fault 1/8th sec on some - assuming handheld that's the problem :(

DD

I'd avoid f/29 like the plague unless it's a top quality lens and you know where to focus in the scene. Google diffraction. Every lens has a sweet spot, and once you go beyond it, diffraction comes into play and makes the image soft again.
Try f/16 next time.

Top tip User Name!

Will definitely bear that in mind in the future :)

Silly question.....if the lens you used has any sort of vibration dampening it should be witched off if using a tripod....fell into that myself......

Not a silly questoin, the lens is a Sigma DC 18mm-200mm so quite basic with no IS or anything.

Back