Event help (displaying images on multiple screens/macs

Name
Dave Price
Edit My Images
No
Hello all!

Im photographing a motocross event on the weekend and I'm after some advice. I will be printing on site at the race and will be displaying the images to the racers/family/friends on a number of devices. I will be using my macbook to edit, sort the images into the relevant folders and finally print from. Is there any way of linking my main macbook to an iMac, a second macbook and an iPad for the customers to view and choose from? I don't really want to have to save them to a hard drive after every race and then drop them on to the other devices, and the fact that i can't do that with the iPad doesn't help a lot.

Has anyone try something similar to this? Would probably help if all of the devices that the customers will be choosing and view from would be the same but I'm working with what I have.

I assume you'll have power there? If so, you could set up a wireless router or use your phone to create a local wireless network and share using the photos app/cloud

You need to watch out for them taking pics of the screens with their phone cameras

Okay, just trying to be constructive.

It's ok, not your fault, just the way the wheel turns these days. It's a very hard thing to keep under control and can be very infuriating

Thank you, both and an enjoyable read from the pair of you. Must admit I've not come across this before (equine photography) but those types are definitely out there. Another pesky thing is when you're lining yourself up for a shot (e.g. rosette time) and the mummy comes into the ring and stands in front of you so she can get a pic of her daughter instead of the event photographer. I'm often amazed as to how big my shoes are sometimes as I'm so clumsy with my feet :D

Back