Event on-site printer

Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone

I am in the midst of setting up an event photography business which offers on-site printing of photos. I need some advice and recommendations on which printers would be best.
I will only be printing 2 sizes, 10" x 8" and possibly 6" x 4"/7" x 5".
I will be using pro glossy paper, so the printer will have to be able to handle that and with the consumer been there waiting for the print its got to be pretty quick, while producing very quailty.

Any ideas please

Thanks

If you're moving the printer between sites, dye-sub is the way to go. Stops any possibility of messy (and they are very!!!) ink spills that are always a possibility (if not a probability) with inkjets.

You might get more responses in the Business of Photography area - report the first post to the moderating team and ask them to move it if you want it moved.

If you're moving the printer between sites, dye-sub is the way to go. Stops any possibility of messy (and they are very!!!) ink spills that are always a possibility (if not a probability) with inkjets.
100% agree with Nod..... inkjet is going to a pain and dye-sub will be quicker with less hassle

If I go for a sub dye printer, does that use a roll of paper or sheets?
I am only looking to print 2 sizes.

Thanks for all the replies

Paul, my reason for suggesting a dye sub over an inkjet is that dye subs use ribbons which carry the ink in solid form so there's zero chance of spillage - not something that most inkjets can say about themselves (and a tiny bit of inkjet ink goes a long, long way!)

Back