Ever had a Arrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! Moment

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Well today was my ARRRRRRRrrrrrrr day :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I needed to charge my camera batterie , Went to the cupboard where I keep all my chargers for everything
Looked on the shelf , No not there ?

Spent the next 2 hours tearing my house apart looking for it , NO cant find it , Where the Bl--dy hell is it

Started in the cupboard again and it was on the next shelf up behind a box , ARRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRrrRRrrr :eek:

Breath in and out :D

Even looked on evilbay for a replacement

Found now so all is calm again , For today :D

Carrying camera all day unable to take any photos having found half way to Jacobs Ladder the SD card was still in the laptop!
Never shut the memory card compartment door on the camera when there's not a memory card present.

Likewise with the battery compartment door, if you take the battery out to charge it always put a fresh one in before closing the door - if not, leave the door open until you return the charged battery.

I suppose my biggest photography ARGH moment was a couple of years ago when my GF wanted some pictures taken on the pier at sunset... So one lovely evening off we went to the coast and she posed all lovely on the pier and I turned my Sony A7 camera on and raised it to my eye and all in the EVF was black. That happens when there's no battery in the camera and no spare in the bag either :D

Had a moment last summer sat outside a cafe at Hengistbury Head. I took the camera off my neck while SWMBO went to get the coffee / bacon butties. As she put the tray on the table she knocked the camera off the table & into mid-air :(. I should have bought a lottery ticket that day as the camera, after doing what seemed like a slow-motion double back somersault with pike, landed squarely on my well packed rucksack, which was on the floor at the side of the table:banana:. And to prove that no real harm was done to the camera, I got top whack when part-exchanging it, on an upgrade, a couple of months later.

Every 9/19!

Never shut the memory card compartment door on the camera when there's not a memory card present.

Likewise with the battery compartment door, if you take the battery out to charge it always put a fresh one in before closing the door - if not, leave the door open until you return the charged battery.
It's something I only did once ... you soon learn!

Now I ALWAYS shut the doors straight away due to the risk of snapping one off. The moulded in hinge pins tend to look SOooo fragile and having broke one off once.......
But then, I NEVER put a camera back in a bag without it being loaded ready for use, 400 ASA, 250th @ f8. If the Bag's closed, than it's ready to grab, and shoot. I might not be any more, but it is!

And a very recent one from this morning. While in the kitchen preparing my breakfast I saw a grey heron ambling across my suburban Manchester back lawn - which has no pond(s) & isn't particularly wild. Back into the living room to grab the nearest camera (a Coolpix point & shoot). Back into the kitchen to get the photographic proof, & the heron was gone. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question...do I need to now keep a camera permanently in the kitchen, just in case?

And a very recent one from this morning. While in the kitchen preparing my breakfast I saw a grey heron ambling across my suburban Manchester back lawn - which has no pond(s) & isn't particularly wild. Back into the living room to grab the nearest camera (a Coolpix point & shoot). Back into the kitchen to get the photographic proof, & the heron was gone. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question...do I need to now keep a camera permanently in the kitchen, just in case?

Not just the kitchen, you need one in every room. :banana:

Was walking through a tunnel to the infield at Donington Park at the start of the racing last weekend, to hear a loud bang. I turned round to see what had happened only to see my Sigma 120-300 Sport living on the concrete. The Spider Pin in the tripod foot had unscrewed causing my lens to fall from waist height onto the concrete. Fortunately all that seems to be wrong is a couple of scratches and a slightly bent filter thread :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Similar for me... I was looking everywhere for my 10 stop, it wasn't on the usual shelf. Spent a few hours tearing around the house, nowhere to be found.

Sitting in work the next day and it suddenly dawned on me, I had put it in the most obvious place imaginable, that being the front pouch of my camera bag a few months previous, you know, so it would be 'easier to find' when I needed it again.

Last edited:
I live with arrrrrrrr!!! Moments. Too much gear, too disorganised, can never find anything when I want it. Probably not helped by family "borrowing" equipment.
Biggest moment though was going to Cornwall specifically to capture a sunset at my my wife's favourite spot to have printed large as a canvass. When editing it became obvious the sensor was very dirty, first time I had noticed, and the beautiful shot rendered useless.

I live with arrrrrrrr!!! Moments. Too much gear, too disorganised, can never find anything when I want it. Probably not helped by family "borrowing" equipment.
Biggest moment though was going to Cornwall specifically to capture a sunset at my my wife's favourite spot to have printed large as a canvass. When editing it became obvious the sensor was very dirty, first time I had noticed, and the beautiful shot rendered useless.

For a canvas, you could probably get away with a load of cloning to eradicate the dust bunnies.

Had one yesterday, managed to switch my XT-1 from single shot to multiple exposure mode.Could not understand why it was taking so long to write the card and was getting ghosting on the screen together with odd messages.
Turned camera off and went home but thanks be to Google I found the problem.

Mine, 7D2 and 100-400L on a strap attached to the tripod foot on the lens, putting it over my head I managed to hit the lens release button dropping the 7D2 and grip to the tarmac. I now have a velcro strap between the lens foot and camera base. Pleased to say the 7D2 was fine and grip had a small chink taken out of it

I do something like this several times a week with one thing or another.

Latest camera related one was similar, liked where I keep my chargers for the 70d charger, no luck, spend 2 hours searching bags, drawers etc and give up, find it in the charger drawer 2 days later.

I'd blame getting older, but I've been like this for 20 years. My wife says 'you need a system', true, but
I've never managed to stick to one before so I'm not convinced it's gonna happen in future.

But I will try......

Last weekend I managed to whack the screen on my 5D Mk3 with my monopod and chipped the corner, fortunately it doesn’t seem to be spreading and it is not where it will affect viewing of the images.

I couldn’t figure out why my images with flash were so over exposed, forgot I had set the camera flash exposure compensation to +2 stops

ITLAPD.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day. An American invention, hence the USA format for the date.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day. An American invention, hence the USA format for the date.
Shouldn't it be "International Talk like Robert Newton" day? Or even "International Take the ***s out of the West Country Accent" day?

On Sunday - more of a panic moment than anything else and not had one where I couldn't work out what was wrong with the camera for a good couple of years now.

Camera wouldn't adjust for the dark images I was getting. Tried manual but not much better. Hopeless in Av. Sort of nearly okay in Tv but still too dark.

Only five to ten minutes until the event was due to start. Had to catch the opening and start. Took another manual shot but noticed the needle wasn't showing on the +/- exposure/compensation. ???? Then adjusted it and found it was off the scale!! All hunky dory within moments once I'd spotted it but I could have saved myself some gasps if I'd looked at the exif of one of the test photos :oops: :$:rolleyes: Happily I started breathing again :)

More ARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!! For me...

Carrying camera all day unable to take any photos having found half way to Jacobs Ladder the SD card was still in the laptop!
Done that..... got to Fishguard, turned on my 50D, no CF card.... went to bag, card box with 7 cards, no case.....

Out with phone, searched for camera shops, PC world and Currys etc etc

Tesco/Asda .... nothing, already gone 6pm.... evening sun disappearing...

Dived into car and made for Currys HVerfordwest.... raced in - nothing on card rack but SD... then a card pack was face down on bottom shelf. Turned it over PNY ULTRA CF.....

Queued for the only member of staff to dort a duff TV... paid silly money. Back in the car - raced back to Fishguard... (still bright in late June), back to shoot spot, camera loaded... down came the rain. 3 more days of rain.....

To this day I have extra cards at all times...

I had a girlfriend who would always mislay things, like her keys or her phone. I just needed to ask her: "where was the FIRST place you looked for it?" Then I would go there and find it! Quite reliably, she'd look in a hurry and miss it every time. In the end she dumped me for being such a smug git! Oh well. You try to help.

Back