Ever had your camera on you and missed a great shot?

hashcake

Gone to pot!
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
Today me and the other half went for a walk around the grounds at Kenwood House.
Up on a hill there is a view of London.
We'd decided to get an ice cream so I packed my camera into the bag in case ice cream dribbled onto it.
I stood with the dog on his lead and my other half walked over to the ice cream van.
A woman suddenly shouted out to her kids 'Look! The red arrows!'
I looked over to see them followed by fantastic smoke trail of red, white and blue.
To say I was gutted is an understatement :(

Narh, but i was on the way home from work once on the train, got off at my station along with 50 other commuters. On the train there was a solider there too from Iraq or Afghanistan with his gear and bag. I live in Hereford, so he could be SAS for all i know but anyway, his gf was waiting for him at the station.

She met him on the top of the bridge where everyone has to cross to get from the platform to the station exit, he had walked up the stairs with everyone then sees her, dropped his bags and then they were embracing, kissing, hugging each other with all these people walking by. That moment feels that they are the only 2 people on earth and the world is going by without a care in the world.

I wished i had my camera with me, i could've taken a shot with a 10-20mm lens right up close for a real street photo.

We were on holiday in Devon last year and as usual I always had my camera with me except on one occasion. We'd just parked near the beach in Exmouth and gone for a walk and I decided to leave it behind. We got about three hundred yards from the car when I heard the familiar whoomp-whoomp of a Chinook and turned round to see one at about 200 feet flying coming over the top of us and out over the bay, we were on the sand by this time and the tide was out. The pilot went a bit further out then put the machine into a steep climb, turned it over and dove for the beach, after a couple of seconds he was really low in a nose down attitude and coming straight for us - it was like a personal air show or something out of a Hollywood film and as you can imagine I was a bit miffed that my camera was in the car. :D

I wished i had my camera with me, i could've taken a shot with a 10-20mm lens right up close for a real street photo.

You've more guts than me, I wouldn't fancy poking my camera up the nose of a SAS soldier while he's kissing the girlfriend he hasn't seen in 6 months :LOL:

We were at the National skydiving championships at Hibaldstow when the twin engined aircraft that was taking them up decided to do a very (VERY) low flypast .... when I say low I mean about 20ft off the ground and about 20 -30 ft in front of us all I managed to hit the shutter but the camera was not up to my eye it was still waist level However I did catch a part of the plane which is aptly named havoc The reason no one actually got a shot was the fact he came out of nowhere and even the tower knew nothing of this buzz:bang:

I was at the train station and all of a sudden 15 police vans pull up and around 100 officers in riot gear (with shields, batons, and astronaut helmets) got out and formed a path from the bus stop around the main train station building, to a train . The stairs that led up to a walkway from the platforms were each being guarded by two such officers with shotguns. Then 2 buses pulled up to the stop and football 'enthusiasts' started climbing out cheering, yelling, drinking beer, and in general causing a lot of noise. They were funneled into the train and then 30 of those officers also got onto the train.

I guess my city had guests.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've stood staring at something, such as flying at 100ft on approach to High Wycombe over the motorway, instead of thinking to move my camera to my eye and take the shot :(

I was fishing on Rutland water and had my gear with me to do a feature on pike fishing....an Osprey came down and ever so gently, plucked a fish from the water about 20 yards away - then flew over to a dead tree and started to eat it.....I was so stunned I didn't even reach for the camera - which had the 80-200 on it anyway. I have the video though......it's in my head!

Today me and the other half went for a walk around the grounds at Kenwood House.
Up on a hill there is a view of London.
We'd decided to get an ice cream so I packed my camera into the bag in case ice cream dribbled onto it.
I stood with the dog on his lead and my other half walked over to the ice cream van.
A woman suddenly shouted out to her kids 'Look! The red arrows!'
I looked over to see them followed by fantastic smoke trail of red, white and blue.
To say I was gutted is an understatement :(

I know exactly how you must of felt i was at an air display that afternoon and had the knack of looking the wrong way at the wrong time. But as a conselation hers the Red Arrows at Sywell Northampton maybe 10 mins after you saw them.
http://www.photo.depal.co.uk/assets/images/DSC01375.JPG

Or you are so busy looking at something in the viewfinder, you miss something much more interesting just a few feet away!!

Thats why I usaly Shoot with both eyes open so i can see my surroundings more. but I still miss some stuff. :(

I had just got out of the taxi at a wedding reception, when not 15 feet away from me a Kestral just dove in and grabbed a mouse/shrew or something like that on the ground then took of to have it's meal in a tree about 200yards away. narked I did not even get a chance to grab a shot, but so chuffed to actually see nature in full action like that. It was wow, even the young un was impressed!!!

Depal56 - that is one giant sized picture.... waits for pixel police ;)

Once when at work, a red deer was about 3 foot away from the window, totally oblivious to me being there. I had my camera but it was in the car :bang:

Back