Ever made your own kit pieces

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
in the process of making some bit for my camera
Slider - got some bit but havent worked out the exact design of gettingit put together.
Macro light - bought 2 Audi "angel eye" style LED lights that are big enough to fit round the lens £1.50 for lights + battery pack.

Hae any one else tried making their own DIY kits?

I haven't made any lights as such (though I've used everything from torches and domestic spotlights to glowsticks and theatre lighting). Your LED ringlight sounds interesting and fun - cheap too!
Not sure what you mean by a slider...

Apart from cardboard reflectors of various types and finishes, the only bits & bobs I've made for photography have been snoots and grids for my hotshoe flashes. I made the snoots from the usual black card with velcro for fixings, in such a way that they pack flat for convenient storage. I made the grids in exactly the same way but glued black drinking straws into the snoots (they don't fold flat, obviously) - I made four or five of different lengths (and therefore beam angles). I made them probably seven or eight years ago and I'm still using them now for tabletop stuff and, occasionally, in conjunction with monolights for bigger shoots.

I've made a gimbal head, a clamp for fixing to the shelf in a hide to allow a ball or gimbal to be used. Various tripod feet. In the process of making a panoramic head.

I haven't made any lights as such (though I've used everything from torches and domestic spotlights to glowsticks and theatre lighting). Your LED ringlight sounds interesting and fun - cheap too!
Not sure what you mean by a slider...

Slider - like these (just not as technical) - http://rhinocameragear.com/store/camera-sliders/rhino-slider-pro-2ft - I got two carbon fibre tubes, but need to work out best way to fix them together and then where to put connectors so i can attach them to a tripod or two (one each end)

I made a beauty dish & bracket fot a speedlight.

Back