Eversure Camera Insurance

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I know there are loads of threads on here about camera insurance but I am looking for advice on particular on Eversure, and couldn't find any particular threads on them.

Has anyone insured their kit with Eversure? If so how have you found them to deal with? I'd be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who's had to make a claim with them.

Thanks in advance,
Ross

Worrying that the word "eversure" doesn't appear in a single thread on a photography forum.

Yes, it is a bit. It seems that at best they are new to photography insurance, which at best isn't great.

I stopped reading when I saw they don't cover professional photographers (more than 50% of income from photography)

As already said, they do seem new to the market. Cover seems ok if you're just a strict amateur/hobbyist or don't make a lot of money from what work you do i.e. more than 50% of your household income. Not for pro's and I would suggest any 'pro' thinking about possibly saving cash and using these doesn't as cover nowhere near what a pro would need. Only £1m Pl on offer, can't cover kit in an unattended car between 9pm-6am (Aaduki term).

On a more positive point (if this is one) they are underwritten by the same guys who do Cliik's policy, Catlin. Cliik is a fans favourite on here, so I can only assume that if they back one of the more popular/successful pro policies this may be a decent amateur/low end semi pro policy. Not sure what other amateur policies are on offer and how they stack up v. each other. Enough of a headache comparing pro policies let alone start looking at amateur ones!

Having done the online quote though, there price does seem quite steep. £8k worth of kit & £1m PL was circa £240. Surely if your an amateur house insurance has got to be the best choice still if your kit doesn't exceed any limits on your policy.

Yes, it is a bit. It seems that at best they are new to photography insurance, which at best isn't great.

LOL! Sorry, just re-read this. So at best they're new, which at best isn't great?:thinking:

Know what you mean, just made me chuckle when I re-read it:LOL:

Just seen you're in Cornwall, had fantastic service from NFU insurance (home insurance) when my camera got stolen, couldn't recommend them enough, I was covered under the personal possessions part of my home insurance. They are fairly competitive in rural areas apparently.

Hi,

I am Ian from Eversure Camera Insurance.

We would not ordinarily intrude on a forum, but we did receive a query today which we understand was as a result of this thread. We did have a restriction that stopped professional photographers taking out our insurance and I simply wish to say that this has now been removed.

Many thanks

Ian

Hi,

I am Ian from Eversure Camera Insurance.

We would not ordinarily intrude on a forum, but we did receive a query today which we understand was as a result of this thread. We did have a restriction that stopped professional photographers taking out our insurance and I simply wish to say that this has now been removed.

Many thanks

Ian

Having checked out their website I see they have excesses of 5% of amount claimed for kit stolen or accidental loss and 10% if stolen from a vehicle! So have £10k worth of kit stolen from your car and your excess is £1000, and if you managed to have same amount stolen while out on location or accidentally lose it the excess is £500.

Anyone looking at these needs to be aware of these excesses. The more popular companies mentioned on here do excesses of £150-£200. Think Aaduki also do a % if stolen from an unattended vehicle.

They also won't cover kit you have hired in or pay out on kit you can't show proof of ownership for.

Thought i would go for a on line quote from aaduki after reading this post,they blew as soon as they insisted on a phone number just to give a on line quote,i could just do what i normally do ie make one up but cant be bothered.

I'm with Photoguard, nice and easy to get an online quote. I did this and saved it. Within 48 hours they rang me to see if I needed any further help, I ended up with a greater level of cover at a lower price. From memory my excess is £50

Back