Eversure Camera insurance

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Just tried renewing and altering my camera insurance and notifying of new credit card details got transferred to customer support to a Rebecca Watson in that department and would you believe it The message said they had NO record of any listed items. Seems very strange or damn lazy as I have a copy so sent (photo copy)of it right back. Bloody well chew on that Rebecca Watson.
I listed every item I wanted removed= down valued and added including serial numbers and values.
I have been with Eversure for many years but if this is how they are treating customers they have just lost another. All she wanted to do is a bulk valuation on unlistged items.
If there is anyone here that works for this company then sort out this lady and get her to do her job properly

GHBwvCJ8FuOHHKo45KXnhzpVraEZVFHLlH3VvzWkgL6NJqBN_Gre-kdz3vmpyliM2vIvbyrcnNfkWHO24y7x-SFctRHr456Oxg2wQ8gSII7NAiKUEgElE9L27TPfe2bOdIvw762Uc2h3hf3SbdBHWe1APNw_s9twvp2YVfIKFt8le2GNd48dOwiuGeP12oMJ19_L8obd0Jd8DKAwiZ1CSfu_7K0j4lTuw_Ad-iGxIiGQtrUw=s0-d-e1-ft
Rebecca Watson (Eversure)
23 Jul 2022, 14:48 BST
phffVXlWA-V4V7LZp41w6elvD8ww9siXqjFWUcYRjTMGCBHxGYTaRc1U9r603HxVPuj_qSy0EPpaV0vnngLR3ZOk-GuHszP0Ss_ksdM-2uZubZ9VFOqlLnKZa3JVwmZwkWPBP9WNIJO-wsxeLcZnAmhpKXc5Yg=s0-d-e1-ft

Hello Charles,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do not have any specified items on your policy with us.

You are simply covered under the total sum insured of £4,000.

Will that still be the correct figure?

Did you know?

We also sell Caravan and Bicycle Insurance, as well as Breakdown and Car Hire Excess Cover.

If you've got questions around what the cover provides, why not respond to this email or give us a call?

Please let us know if you need anything further.

Kind Regards
Rebecca Watson

how come I have this (section of whole page) and they dont

bbb.jpg

Last edited:
I insured my gear for the first time a couple of weeks ago with Eversure.
At that time they did not ask any questions about the gear, just the total and the largest amount to be taken outside at any one time.
So, possibly they have jsut reverted to this model?
My household insurance is similar, - total amounts with an amount for the largest value item

My Eversure insurance is for a lump sum.

I guess that if you make a claim, that is when you have to supply purchase evidence.

They do request items to be insured on their form and I need to see they have the correct items-serial numbers and value not a lump sum . I would suggest you demand he same

from eversure customer support

Quote"
Thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies I cannot see the details on that document - please can you confirm the customer reference on it and the issue date? "unquote

This is beginning to p*** me off ,Eversurf do not do a customer ref number only a policy number and if the lady can't read that photo copy that I sent she should not presumably be using a laptop but a proper full size desktop

Never had any problem with this company before but now seriously considering going else where, How can I check that the items I listed are correct if all I get is a lump sum value? I CAN'T

Last edited:
in all honesty I think you will find this is the new business model for lots of companies , from small ones to govmt departments ..they now work with a band of idiots working from home with a limited access laptop .. next time you phone listen and see if you can hear a babble of voices from a busy office ..bet you cant .. and as soon as your off the phone your call is forgotten and there on the next in queue ..

got a very valid story re this but cant go into details till its properly sorted then I'll really let rip

Maybe, just maybe, poor old Rebecca was getting fed up with yet another customer that failed to read their valuation form properly?

Reactions: nog
I never itemised the equipment, I just insured a maximum sum. Having said that I have just cancelled as they wanted more at renewal than I could quote for as a new customer. Included in my home insurance now.

Found the cost of renewal for up to £4000 of camera equipment but not happy. They didn't even have decency to inform existing policy holders about the changes made in regard to this.issue

Last edited:
Aren't they an advertiser here? Pity they can't be bothered to reply.

I to have my camera body worth over £2000 listed because when I took out the policy in February I had to list anything specifically over £2k.

Maybe I'll have to rethink my insurance options at renewal time. I have over £10k insured and that's probably increased with the purchase of all new RF lenses and a new camera and lens arriving tomorrow

Also, this is there online quote system right now

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-25 at 18.02.34.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-25 at 18.02.34.png
    445 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Aren't they an advertiser here? Pity they can't be bothered to reply.

I to have my camera body worth over £2000 listed because when I took out the policy in February I had to list anything specifically over £2k.

That's the part that has been ever so slightly overlooked here, despite it being printed in nice big letters on the form.

As for the company engaging online - there is absolutely no good way to tell a customer: "Should have gone to Specsavers!"

That's the part that has been ever so slightly overlooked here, despite it being printed in nice big letters on the form.

As for the company engaging online - there is absolutely no good way to tell a customer: "Should have gone to Specsavers!"

A bit ironic that it is YOU that should have gone to specsavers.

The OP clearly has a long list of items that are valued over £2k and yet the insurer are denying this.

Please read the small print.

A bit ironic that it is YOU that should have gone to specsavers.

The OP clearly has a long list of items that are valued over £2k and yet the insurer are denying this.

None of the items in the above list are over £1,000, let alone two.

Eversure do clearly advertise on TP, but I have no idea whether they look on the site at all, unlike MPB, so definitely best to deal with them directly for any complaints or queries.

None of the items in the above list are over £1,000, let alone two.
I really don't know the value of Nikon stuff but perhaps they were at some point when the OP insured them.

If the insurer realised the error and covered them under the blanket cover, did they inform the OP, did they reduce the premium to reflect that?

Last edited:
I really don't know the value of Nikon stuff but perhaps they were at some point when the OP insured them.

If the insurer realised the error and covered them under the blanket cover, did they inform the OP, did they reduce the premium to reflect that?

If it were an new for old policy, then I'd agree. But there is no mention of that and default insurance is current value.

And yet his TOATAL valuation is FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS.

My Eversure insurance is for a lump sum.

I guess that if you make a claim, that is when you have to supply purchase evidence.
Added - anything over £2k has to be individually notified to them. So my £1,999 body didn't need putting on there. :D

Apparently it is ther policy now not to itimise anything under £2000 irrespective of how much the total value of camera gear one has, they say they only want proof of purchase. My answer is what if you get say a lens as a present ? even if you had proof it would be in the friends/relatives name not yours.. or if since purchased the company has folded like the orininal Jessops did, how can they check by contacting a company out of business?

As it used to be before policy change you contacted the insurance company and registed the item with serial number and value at the time of purchase or gift ,then at least they could go back on the records and see how long you have had the item for and actually owned it, not just saying you just got it and it was /lost/broken /dropped or whatever the next day.
I suppose this is how the future is going to be, companies cutting back on staff or trying to simplify but in truth making things a lot harder for the customer,
Sorry but I don't like this modern approach to doing business where one is unable to double check to see if everything is correct or not.

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't like this modern approach to doing business where one is unable to double check to see if everything is correct or not.

It isn't modern, in fact it's quite the opposite. It's how insurance has been conducted since the concept was founded.

How many line items do you have in your house insurance?

Mark you might well be correct but it is the first time for me with this company after many years with them

Have used them for years and Just doing my renewal now. They have been spot on and as others have said it’s a really simple model
1. total value
2. List all items over 2k
3. Total away from home if less than 1
4. Add one like Overseas.

Done.
♂️

This is the model used for house insurance these days. I can see no advantage in not just covering everything on your home insurance. It is almost always less expensive.

Business users probably want other cover. To cover business losses and third party etc. But even then it would probably be mostly lump sums with a few named items over 2k

@Jase @realspeed I have reported Jase's post, and asked @Cobra to deal with it as we do not need to have such allegations flying around.

Thank you Linsay. It is disgusting one member being allowed to accuse another of making false declarations on a legal document. Everything I have done has ben perfectly legal in all my 77 years and had tor the Job I had before retirement . You have absolutely no idea how much this has upset me so hope something is done about it

The offending post, and the quoted reply have both been deleted.
We can't have members accusing others of falsehoods or indeed deception, certainly not on an open forum.

Jase has been thread banned, he should be thankful that is all it is.

Last edited:
thank you Chris (Cobra). It really upset me someone randomly falsely accusing me and I don't take kindly to it.

Back