Every Cloud has a silver lining

The worst bit for you all is the...
anticipation! :asshat:

Day 1 of isolation tomorrow after last day of work today, better get some decking ordered to keep me busy.

2 months furlough + 2 months Kindle Unlimited free trial = lots of free reading!

We've got an all company conference call at 12:30 so waiting to hear what's happening.

I've had a painful ankle/tendon since last July and it's been making walking difficult. I began to think it wasn't going to heal by itself so I went to the doctor, she suspected some sort of injury or a bone spur, which I'd never heard of, and sent me for an x-ray. Since then I've heard nothing but I haven't been back for an update as they have better things to do these days. In the past few days the pain has eased off a bit so maybe there's no bone spur just some sort of injury and all this confinement and limited walking has given it time to start healing :D

I jinxed it.

The phone just went and it was my doctor and she said I have a bone spur which needs removing. Gosh knows when that'll happen as the hospitals will be too busy to bother with my foot.

Last edited:
Day 1 of furlough, decking ordered.

This is what I have planned but haven't ordered it yet as not sure if I can get it locally or will have to order online.
Can I ask where you ordered yours from?

This is what I have planned but haven't ordered it yet as not sure if I can get it locally or will have to order online.
Can I ask where you ordered yours from?
Not quite local, Trade Timber Supplies who are in Mansfield, Im in Doncaster but I have used them before. The delivery guy said they are working 12 hour days, they closed their yard to the public but will deliver. I used toolstation first to make sure i had enough fixings then ordered the timber.
Just extended the existing decking infront of the mancave.
FB_IMG_1586034594752.jpgFB_IMG_1586034627497.jpg

Not quite local, Trade Timber Supplies who are in Mansfield, Im in Doncaster but I have used them before. The delivery guy said they are working 12 hour days, they closed their yard to the public but will deliver. I used toolstation first to make sure i had enough fixings then ordered the timber.
Just extended the existing decking infront of the mancave.
View attachment 274113View attachment 274114

Looks good have found a local timber yard will give them a ring tomorrow what size are the joists 5x2 or 6x2 thanks

Looks good have found a local timber yard will give them a ring tomorrow what size are the joists 5x2 or 6x2 thanks
I used 4x2, I had plenty of old slabs to use to sit the frame on, very little give/flex is any.

I also bought a worx impact driver, fantastic tool for decking.
Before I put a few noggins in.
IMG_20200403_182044_512.jpg

Last edited:
Back