Every sawmill should have a pair

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
These two mallard 'adopted' me at the end of the shooting season.:)
They wander into the mill & the duck (who is the boss) tilts her head to the side & gives me the eye:love: How can I resist her.:LOL: They come three times a day for some food, then settle down at the door to watch the world go by.:D

Sawmill_ducks.jpg

So really Charlie you are fattening them up for Christmas

I very much hope they will be around long after Christmas. I work in my own & some days do not speak to another human being. The ducks, Owl, Pheasant etc etc all make good company for me.:)

I very much hope they will be around long after Christmas. I work in my own & some days do not speak to another human being. The ducks, Owl, Pheasant etc etc all make good company for me.:)

You haven't still got that pheasant that makes the funny noise have you Charlie? :D

And you still managed to "clip" the tails Charlie :LOL:

Mind you, Christmas is coming & I don't like Turkey.;):LOL:

:clap::clap::clap:

Round to yours for Christmas Dinner then, I love wild duck.............(y)

:clap::clap::clap:

Round to yours for Christmas Dinner then, I love wild duck.............(y)

Well come up when the shooting is on as they dump the days bag in a hole!
Oh & they pump the water out of the pond for the last day of the shoot so the dogs can get into the ducks while the guns circle the pond. They call this sport I believe.:wacky:

Oh & they pump the water out of the pond for the last day of the shoot so the dogs can get into the ducks while the guns circle the pond. They call this sport I believe.:wacky:

I recall you telling me mate, bloody disgraceful in my opinion..........:thumbsdown:

Perhaps a..................no, forget it.

They massacring any "high flying" partridge this year?

'Kin 'ell Charlie - tell me you're kidding - that's awful!!

I`m not brave enough to doubt Charlies word.As such, these type of antics will lead to shooting being banned, some of the bloody idiots that are shooting nowadays makes that inevitable Cedric.

One of the ******s up here raised his gun to a buzzard last year, I let him know quietly and politely that maybe it wasn`t a good idea. Which was quite a feat as I was about 70 yards from him..........;)

Tis true. The idiot that was manning the pumps(yes three pumps were used) fell through the ice this last winter while trying to make a hole for the water pipe.:LOL: He was looking for sympathy from me, he did not get any though.
He was also telling me he was boiling up some of the 'bag' to feed to his dogs.

Geezus ... well I'm just glad I don't do it any more - absolute ******s!!

I`m not brave enough to doubt Charlies word.As such, these type of antics will lead to shooting being banned, some of the bloody idiots that are shooting nowadays makes that inevitable Cedric.

One of the ******s up here raised his gun to a buzzard last year, I let him know quietly and politely that maybe it wasn`t a good idea. Which was quite a feat as I was about 70 yards from him..........;)

I have heard of how polite you can be!:LOL::LOL:

I have heard of how polite you can be!:LOL::LOL:

I don`t raise my voice very often mate, but apparently it was quite a "loud" shout.............:LOL:

Geezus ... well I'm just glad I don't do it any more - absolute ******s!!

I am country born & bred & could tell you lots of tales about the 'toffs' & their shooting up here.

Like the time they were shooting Pheasant & three guns opened up on a Roe.
It was eventually found & put out of it's misery three days later.

I was wading up the river while fishing,& found myself looking up the barrel of a rifle. The 'gun' said he did not see me (I am 6ft & no lightweight) as he was aiming at a Rabbit on the far bank.:wacky:

My father was shot in the back by a grouse shooter who then offered him £20to keep quiet about it. I could go on.........&on:LOL:

I have been known to 'growl' a bit too.:LOL:

Thought that was your stomach in the cafe?.........:D

One of the guns shot a pigeon last winter, winging it rather badly, the bird then floated down the line at no more than 5 feet off the floor.One of the guests shot it whilst the gun was on his hip, no aim taken, just shot from the hip. The keeper gave him a right royal *******ing and he went back to the lodge for the day.

Thought that was your stomach in the cafe?.........:D

One of the guns shot a pigeon last winter, winging it rather badly, the bird then floated down the line at no more than 5 feet off the floor.One of the guests shot it whilst the gun was on his hip, no aim taken, just shot from the hip. The keeper gave him a right royal *******ing and he went back to the lodge for the day.

Best place for him too.
The one & only time I did beating for the boxing day shoot, a gun in the line of beaters shot down the line & shot a hare just in front of the beater next to me. Keeper never said a word.
I did though when he was in front of his pals at lunch time.;)
I was not needed at the next shoot.:LOL:

I am country born & bred & could tell you lots of tales about the 'toffs' & their shooting up here.

Like the time they were shooting Pheasant & three guns opened up on a Roe.
It was eventually found & put out of it's misery three days later.

I was wading up the river while fishing,& found myself looking up the barrel of a rifle. The 'gun' said he did not see me (I am 6ft & no lightweight) as he was aiming at a Rabbit on the far bank.:wacky:

My father was shot in the back by a grouse shooter who then offered him £20to keep quiet about it. I could go on.........&on:LOL:

LOL. You don't have to tell me Charlie. I was a member of a syndicate and we took it in turns at beating and shooting, as well as doing any work needed on the shoot. Truthfully I got as much if not more pleasure from working the dog. Occasionally though we'd have a posh day on some estate and some of the toffs who turned up were a bloody disgrace - shoot at anything moving.

LOL. You don't have to tell me Charlie. I was a member of a syndicate and we took it in turns at beating and shooting, as well as doing any work needed on the shoot. Truthfully I got as much if not more pleasure from working the dog. Occasionally though we'd have a posh day on some estate and some of the toffs who turned up were a bloody disgrace - shoot at anything moving.

So we don't have the monoply on idiots with guns then.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sounds like a scene from a Disney movie.

Back