Everyone else was photographing the animals...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Each day over the last week or so i have limited myself to one body and one lens.

Yesterday at Applejacks Farm i took the E-1 and the 14-54 - what a sublime combonation that is; it just feels 'right' and the results are nothing short of amazing for a camera of that vintage.

Today, at chester zoo was the realm of the E-3 and the 50-200 SWD (Naked - No TC).

Everyone at the zoo and the farm were off shooting the animal (not literally of course) and the kids at play, but not me. I tend to look for non-obvious items to shoot. Of course i do the normal animally type stuff, but i like to look beyond that.

Thought i'd share one shot from yesterday and one from today.

Applejack Farm - Fungus

2809146062_eb18e57049.jpg

Camera: Olympus E-1
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 42 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -3/10 EV

I liked this due to it being a non-perfect example and thought the natural tilt added something to the photo

Chester Zoo

2812201296_f53c0f77dc.jpg

Camera: Olympus E-3
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 500
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Flash: 8

This was just outside the Rhino enclosure, and everyone else was taking pics of said animal and i'm on my knees in front of a thistle!

Chris

Last edited:
#2 is really hitting the mark with me Chris. #1 is very good too.(y)

Number 1 is my favourite. Much more dynamic feel from the diagonals and the look of the texture of the mushroom really works IMO.

Both very good but no1 is my favourite. Like the perspective and the wonderful textures of the toadstool. Lovely work (y)

A couple of great shots. #2 really stands out for me! (y)

Number 1 is my favourite. Much more dynamic feel from the diagonals and the look of the texture of the mushroom really works IMO.

Both very good but no1 is my favourite. Like the perspective and the wonderful textures of the toadstool. Lovely work (y)

Yes, it has that certain 'something' for me too. The fact its not a perfect example only adds to that.

A couple of great shots. #2 really stands out for me! (y)

Thanks

Hard to pick a fave - both excellent - #2 just tips it for the lovely colours!

I'd Agree with everything thats already been said but I'm not gonna pick a favorite as i like them both.

Both very nice shots and both too big ;)

Feel free to edit them back to showing if you resize them.

The blues in no.2 are gorgeous. Like them both. (y)

Both lovely shots Chris. I think the second just has the edge for me (but I don't think it's a thistle ;) ), with regards to colour and prettiness. Are you going to post some pics of the animals too?

love number 1 Chillimonster the detail is fantastic :)

The blues in no.2 are gorgeous. Like them both. (y)

Very nice shots well done.

Thanks

Both lovely shots Chris. I think the second just has the edge for me (but I don't think it's a thistle ;) ), with regards to colour and prettiness. Are you going to post some pics of the animals too?

Thanks, As for it being a thistle head - i could be mistaken (probably am), but it had a lot of prickly leaves below the head, so i presumed......

Didn't really get that many of the animals - i always had my camera pointing in the oposite direction ;)

Chris

Back