Everything on a budget

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, In the last week I have bought a second hand 5D mkii and a 17-40mm F4 L. Sort of because I wanted to but mainly because the situation arose! Needless to say, I have blown more budget than I intended to! I am also dangerously close to having all the gear and no idea! I am a keen writer and was going to use a section of my picture framing business website to blog about my budding interest in photography, mainly my battle with learning about it!

I enjoy leaning about equipment etc. and I am very much aware that it would be silly for example to buy all of this gear and then ruin it with the likes of cheap filters etc. Do people have any suggestions for cheaper filter kits and other equipment that you consider to be really good value for money that can be justified by newer photographers looking to improve?

Thanks,

Charles

You do not need anything just yet just get out and shoot.
This^
Don't buy stuff because it exists, buy stuff you need. I might go a year without using any filters, I did go years without using any.

While not the most exiting thing, definitely a good suggestion! I have really been struggling to focus at the moment, everything is new and I want to master everything!

Go out and shoot!! Over time you'll work out what you actually need rather than just buying everything you think you'll need!!

Better to spend cash on one item that will
help you or enhance what you are shooting than have 20 pieces of cheap random junk lying in a drawer after using it once!!

After just over 2 years of learning I bought a 10 stop filter to play with last week.
Still haven't used it, lol.
What I have learned is that camera, lens and possibly a tripod/monopod is all you need and gradually the concepts of exposure etc slowly sink in to the point where you can see a big difference in the shots you capture.

Back