Evesham Church

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Rip it to pieces guys ;)

EveshamChurch.jpg

very nice Dave, really nice contrast

Very 'Martin Henson' you haven't been following his Q&A session elsewhere have you?

Like Fingerz has said it is a little unbalanced with the gravestone being on the left but there is nothing you could have done about that. I do like your conversion to B&W though, it’s a very clean looking picture that has wonderful tones all the way through. You have maintained good shadow detail without losing the highlights.

Very good conversion - looks like Plus-X Pan 50 to me :)

I wish I could understand things like this.

I understand the composition comments. I just don't get the appeal of the picture. There is some interest in the architectural detail but to my untrained unartistic eye it is just another dull black and white converted picture.

I do see some b/w's I like... just not many. Maybe once I get my 'seeing creatively' type books for xmas I'll understand better. I've been here before with b/w so I know its me :)

Nice shot Dave :ponders:

fingerz said:
If only that gravestone was on the bottom left, instead of the bottom right.
I thought exactly the same, so:

church.jpg

Fair play GFK !!! , I had a quick go myself but botched those damn railings ;).

Aha RobertP with the hatred of B&W :nunu: ;). I think the main reason people like B&W is it simplifies the shot , showing more detail & accentuating the textures. This shot in colour has too many colours that detract from what I've just mentioned......well that's my opinion anyway. Not all shots are suitable for B&W conversion though.

Thanks for the other comments guys.

Bachs said:
Very 'Martin Henson' you haven't been following his Q&A session elsewhere have you?

Well I have got his book, so I'm sure he's influenced me in some manner ;)

It's not hatred - I just don't get it.

But I'm working on it :)

btw i read through that entire thread that was mentioned above and I did like some of the examples in it. But only some :)

Back