weekly Evil onions 52 - week 2 - Fear added

Name
Dave Peacock
Edit My Images
Yes
Week one, direction.

1-2012

Direction.
I wanted to get a sense of danger. As though you need to get to the exit but you really dont want to walk down there alone at night. Like an old horror movie scene.

1-direction.jpg

Im always open to crit on all of my work. If there is something i could imrpove on the framing of my images, or the post processing work please let me know.

After taking crit onboard i have done a re-edit of the picture to crop in closer and darker the image slightly.

1-direction2.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant first photo, but I think you're slightly crazy for doing both a 365(6) and a 52 week! ;)

Great start! It works for Direction and also would work equally as well for Fear!

Good luck with your projects!

like that i do agree that a slight crop at the bottom would help good start

brilliant image! the processing works very well with the subject, and you've captured great atmosphere (or should that be 'atmosfear' ?!?! :) )
x

put your hand over the first light bulb at the top of the screen and this shot is 50% better hth mike (much darker)

I have added an edit to the first post.
Shame i didnt use this for 'fear'. Will have to get my thinking cap on for that one then!

Definitely prefer the wide crop, it gives it a really sense of depth. Good start to your 52!

2 of 52

Fear.

I wanted to have some fun this week and add a bit of humour to my photography.
Everything ive been doing lately has been a bit bland.
I took inspiration from an old set of photographs i did of a peanut toy coming out of a jar of peanut butter having killed all the other peanuts...
Along that line of thinking i thought about eggs fearing for their lives seeing a fellow egg cracked and cooked...

I shot at f2 to give a shallow depth of field so the other eggs are out of focus.
Photograph taken with the canon s95 again. Cant seem to stop using this camera, d300 battery has gone flat from being on standby so long.

Basic editing. no crop, just a re size. b/w conversion, vingette and some film grain added for the old b/w camera film effect.

2-fear.jpg

I think I prefer the first fear pic, may not be as neat but gives me more of a sense of distance you know?

As for your eggy picture I'm blown away and I don't know why :LOL: their expressions are so cute! It's just perfect to me :)

Thankyou :)
Im completely torn between the first set for the same reason.
The first one feels as though the exit is much further away, but i quite like the tight crop of the 2nd making everything a bit darker.

Shame fear wasnt for the first week as i think i could have explored this area more and found some other areas of the carpark.

You've, clearly put all your eggs in one basket for this photograph Dave and cracked it !

It's a very creative shot and quite humours, the shallow DoF has worked very well. Mono is a good choice, I don't think colour would have worked as well.

I really like the car park for the 'Direction' theme too ! - looking forward to your next 50 (y)

Nick

Eggcelent. Lots of imagination used on this which has achieved a great result. Spot on with the theme. And what is just as important you've probably brought a smile to everyone's face as well.

Hi, there. #1 direction for me. I actually thought that was your fear photograph at first. B&W was a must. Nice and tall with great depth.

Fear....nice one. Yours is only the second humorous take on fear so well done.

Cheers.

Definitely prefer the edit of direction and your take on fear is fantastic, made me smile. Well done and keep it up :)

Haha eggsceptional! (come one guys, only a few more puns left lets see if we can get them all in!)

I like the shot :D

Did a gory (read white and yolk ;) ) shot not work or did you not try?

Great shot really funny and (insert brilliant egg pun here).

Good take on the theme.:)

Direction I prefer the second shot, the composition seems easier on the eye. I love your fear very creative :)

Haha eggsceptional! (come one guys, only a few more puns left lets see if we can get them all in!)

I like the shot :D

Did a gory (read white and yolk ;) ) shot not work or did you not try?

I did think about that but i don't think i wouldnt have suited the story... being egg shells you know the egg has most likely been used. But, if its just splattered as though its been killed it would seem odd. In my mind anyways :)

Direction : Great idea, fits the theme really well... I prefer the edit

Fear : Very clever and creative. I like it.

Back