EW-83E Lens Hood for EF-S 10-22mm

Edit My Images
Yes
I really can't justify paying £25 for a bit of plastic when I see replica hoods going for £3 on eBay.

I imagine each 'replica brand' will have a different fit, so can someone review theirs? Where did you buy it from? What make is it? How does it feel compared to a genuine Canon hood and so on...?

Thank-you! :)

I got mine from a generic store off ebay, paid something like £7 for it. It seems to be the same plastic as the other canon lens hoods i've got with the lenses, similarmatt lining on the inside, and looks, and works identically to the canon hood, apart from it says 'For Canon' instead of 'Canon'.

Feels and works identical to the Canon hood..

There have been other threads on here, along a similar line of enquiry.

I've had both (genuine and non) and as long as you make sure the non genuine one is a good quality one and the inside is a matt finish - the genuine ones have a king of flock interior - to stop any reflection (y)

i dont think there would be much difference apart from the lining. as above if the quality is similar you wont go wrong with a 3rd party one. I have the original but i got as part of a deal.

check on 2nd hand ones on amazon etc...

I just bought a genuine one from Amazon. They're only £22.77. The third party ones might be cheaper but you need to make sure it has the lining inside rather than just shiny plastic which will reflect light all over the place.

Back