Exhibition 21st to 27th March 2022 at Denbies Wine Estate nr Dorking, Surrey

Edit My Images
No
*Admin approved post*

Hi all

I am a member of a small art group, which includes includes a few photographers, that hold shared space exhibitions at the Denbies Wine Estate nr Dorking in Surrey.

The next one is this coming Spring between the 21st to the 27th of March and I will have some of my photography on display.

There is no entry fee to the gallery area and I intend to be there myself on most days. So do post/PM me and perhaps we could meet up for a chat.

2022 March Poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Job. I know Denbies, classy location, good wine! I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip graced them with a visit once or twice.
That area around Dorking is also quite pretty with Box Hill Silent Pool (or it it Blue Pool) and other locations near by, could well be worth a visit.
I hope it goes well for you and the wider group.

Bit far for me but good luck nevertheless!

Good Job. I know Denbies, classy location, good wine! I believe the Queen and Prince Phillip graced them with a visit once or twice.
That area around Dorking is also quite pretty with Box Hill Silent Pool (or it it Blue Pool) and other locations near by, could well be worth a visit.
I hope it goes well for you and the wider group.
Yes, nice area and on sunny summer days especially good for a walk across the estate.

RE: the group there are some very talented artists including the curator/organiser Sue Sheen.

PS Silent Pool is perhaps the place you are thinking, it is near Newlands Corner..................it (now) has Gin distillery next to it ;)
Good luck with it
Thank you
Bit far for me but good luck nevertheless!
Thank you
I‘ll try and visit as it is local to me.
The 21st is setup day (required to all be hung by 10:30am) and in the past I have stayed until at least 2pm'ish as the OH helps out and she likes to get home.................unless she comes in her own car ;)

But yes if you are planning to visit, feel free to PM me which day and I will make sure to be there all day that day?

In the diary! I work in Dorking so will pop down for some inspiration (y)

Very nice Laurence Good luck with it - a shade too for me to visit unfortunately :(

Les :)

Hi all

Just a heads up, setup tomorrow morning with all hung ready for visitors by 10:30am

So, come one come all :)

I intend to be there most(every?) days but if you want a chat please PM to let know when you might be planning to visit :)

Hi all

End of exhibition update and summary of the week.

Well, it was a good exhibition with some sales and needed extra hangings.....

This is from Wednesday after the Kingfisher with the water around sold on the first day.....I quickly ordered up the next copy (LE of 10 only) plus another new addition the Kingfisher pair with the fish exchange (thanks once again to @Tradecanvasprint in turning my order around so quickly).

On Friday I sold the two RAF Harrier pictures and the Sunflower all to the same couple. Then on Saturday before I arrived at about midday the two Kingfisher ones (I was intending to take a picture of the revised hanging arrangement ~ the two pictures were on different walls with better lighting) were sold to two other people :D Oh, during the week about a dozen greetings cards were sold as well.

IMG_20220325_133953958web.jpg

Below are the three new additions to my display all are Trade Canvas Prints canvases ~ the two Kingfisher ones are 24 x 16 inches and the Sunflower was 12 x 12 inches

IMG_20220321_141432713web.jpg

IMG_20220323_161832753web.jpg

IMG_20220321_133716519web.jpg

I have learned that for me and FWIW 'for me' that subject to the "subject", that framed wildlife and/or military aviation prints are both niche and limited in how wide the appeal will be. When I do the next exhibition in December I will be having a re-think as to what to add and in what format.............though photocanvases did get peoples attention :D

Just a quick note to say all being well I will be exhibiting again this coming December 2022 :)

I am up for the exhibition in March 2023 as I believe slots for Dec 2022 have gone ! ! !
Welcome aboard :)

If you are about in December do let me know and we could meet for a chat?

Also, if/when you have visited before did you see Richard Orr's animal art portraits? He is there again in December.

PS feel free to PM me if you want to chat about the exhibitions themselves?

I'm local to Denbies so I'm interested too.
I visited last December but missed you BB, but I had a good chat with some of the other artists.

I'm local to Denbies so I'm interested too.
I visited last December but missed you BB, but I had a good chat with some of the other artists.
Ah! yes I recall.....

After the setup day I tend not to go too early e.g. >11:30am

This upcoming December one is a day shorter, closing on 24th. That will make for an interesting 'runup' to Xmas.........will need to make sure I don't need to do any last minute shopping :rolleyes::thinking: though of course I hope the last minute shoppers at the exhibition will be there aplenty :LOL:

I can only surmise Denbies are anticipating many visitors & shoppers especially for their wines?

Back