EXIF info Where & how to find it

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I know someone will be able to help.
How do you view the exif info for pictures posted on the forums. :bang: This will be helpful to me to see what equip and settings have been used.
Mike

Thanks for the tip andrew.

Can you or someone explain why some images on the forum give you limited exif information?

Is this a conscious decision by the publisher of the photo?

Thanks,

Comus

its usually down to the software used to alter and crop the pictures they sometimes strip out the info
I use photo me that gives all the xif and loads more like focus points camera click countplus a whole lot more its a free download
http://www.photome.de/

Thanks for the tip andrew.

Can you or someone explain why some images on the forum give you limited exif information?

Is this a conscious decision by the publisher of the photo?

Thanks,

Comus

If you are working in PS and the file is a PSD, in order to have it display well on the web, the color profile must be sRGB. That is the default profile for web browsers. (If you save in other color profiles like Adobe RGB, the colors will look fine in PS but strange in some browsers or applications that don't color manage by using an imbedded icc profile.)

Many people get to this 'web-viewable' state by doing 'save for the web.'
This is fast but wasteful as 'save for web' strips out the EXIF data.
Newer browsers (Opera, Firefox, Safari) actually can recognize the color profile.

So to have the Exif and the color profile imbedded in the file, do these steps.
Image>Mode>8 bit
Edit>Convert to Profile>sRGB
File>Save as jpg.

You will end up with slightly larger file than a "Save for Web" file but it will have Exif and color profile imbedded and will look as good as possible on any web browser.

Back