Exmoor - First dslr upload !

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Im probably a bit premature posting pictures up, as i'm very new to dslr.

However i wanted some useful criticism on my processing of these pics.

Using lightroom 2.

The composition etc isnt that great, but just wanted some feedback from someone that isnt me!

DSC00384Medium.jpg

DSC00389Medium.jpg

DSC00367Medium.jpg

thanks.

Chris.

:clap: Much better than my first attempts! Looks like you've already discovered the advantages of slow shutter speeds and shallow depth of field, which SLR cameras can provide (y).

Just one question: Did you apply any sharpening to these images, before posting them :shrug:?

They look a tiny bit on the "soft" side to me. If they were shot as RAW files, or as jpegs without any in-camera sharpening, then it is quite common practise to give them a bit of a boost (for Internet viewing) by applying a small degree of sharpening in whichever image processing software you use.

Just a hint ;).

I like #2 interesting shape and #3 is good technique. #1 is pretty good too but to me is too green if that makes sense.

There is a box you can tick in your profile to allow others to post edits of your pictures - yours is not ticked.

I just lightened and sharpened your first picture and it looked a lot better but I've deleted it now ;)

The colours in number 2 looks suspiciously like the "Sunset" setting on the a200:cautious:

Very good start!:clap:

PS: you need to click that "Edit" box so others can fiddle with your pictures....

There is a box you can tick in your profile to allow others to post edits of your pictures - yours is not ticked.

I just lightened and sharpened your first picture and it looked a lot better but I've deleted it now ;)

sorry, didnt see that. all done post away :)

i think i had it on macro setting for #2, but all the processing was done in lightroom.

Back