Exmoor Meet - The Piccies

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
A cracking day out with three main locations at Watersmeet, Valley of the rocks and a coastal sunset.
A few of us carried on photographing on Sunday at Woody Bay and Dunster Beach.

Feel free to post piccies from the TP Exmoor meet into this thread!
I'm still sifting my 500 images, but I'll start the thread rolling with these few plucked at random.
All these are straight out the camera.....

1) Tom capturing shadows
20100417-115748-IMG_8859.jpg

2) Existent at Valley of the Rocks
20100417-160006-IMG_8960.jpg

3) Existent at our sunset location
20100417-194403-IMG_9027.jpg

4) Another shot of our sunset location. What the flips going on with that horizon ????
20100417-200544-IMG_9065.jpg

5) Last shot of the day, an hour after sunset. Untouched, straight out the camera.
20100417-212239-IMG_9148.jpg

6) The waterfall at Woody Bay
20100418-131030-IMG_9353.jpg

Thanks to all those who came to the meet; you were good company.
It was a very pleasant weekend and it looks like I've got some photos I'm happy with (more to follow).

All very nice. and straight out of the camera? That would leave you with time to finish the PP on the photo you so kindly offered to PP for me Duncan which i sent to you on 15th of February last in Raw format. have tried 11 private messages and two e-mails to you Duncan but your not replying? Why? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

All very nice. and straight out of the camera? That would leave you with time to finish the PP on the photo you so kindly offered to PP for me Duncan which i sent to you on 15th of February last in Raw format. have tried 11 private messages and two e-mails to you Duncan but your not replying? Why? :shrug::shrug::shrug:
lol, well he probabilly won't be doing it at all now, or at least i know i wouldn't be after an arsey reply like that!

on a ligther note, duncan i love 2 and 4, 2 really shows the scale of the place and 4 is just a beautiful sunset, i am looking forward to seeing the rest them.
i would have loved to come but i spend saturday and sunday stuck inside working at a petrol station looking at the weather with envy!

so you did manage to capture that waterfall upclose Duncan... looks great!

Here is my take on the day...

Close up... This is not what I intended to do with this shot, but I like it better in this crop without the watefalls in the back

Attempting to capture shadows after Duncan's great explanation of how to shoot trees/abstract....

Here is John, conquering Valley of the Rocks!!

And for once, I got a shot of Duncan, instead of him taking a picture of me :D

Golden Hour at Valley of the Rocks

Very weird sunset at Valley of the Rocks and a glimpse of Green Flash. I might try to bring out that green flash a bit more.

Hello all, enjoying the pictures so far, looking forward to seeing some more soon! Here is one of my favourite shots so far:

vintagewaterfall.jpg

More to follow.

A huge thank you to Duncan and Caroline for organising this excellent day out and introducing us to such a beautiful and varied part of the country. It was really inspiring.

I haven't had much time this week to do anything with my pics, but hope to be able to review them and post something over the weekend.

Duncan: I am amazed at your final sunset photo - the colours are so rich!

Existent: love your tree/shadow abstract and the sunset sequence.

Last edited:
Pictures looking very good people!! :):):)

That volcanic ash in the atmosphere really paid of for you guys!!

OK, so have had a chance to review and do a bit of tweaking of the pics I took last weekend on the excellent Exmoor meet.

1) Waterfall near Watersmeet
_DSC0013_04copy.jpg

2) Another waterfall at the same location
_DSC0018_02copy.jpg

3) Trees on the woodland walk at Watersmeet:
_DSC0116copy.jpg

4) Layering effect in the trees (still not sure what I'm looking for here Duncan!):
_DSC0096copy.jpg

5) Trees in the mid day sun:
_DSC0094copy.jpg

6) A tree abstract (Duncan - is this what you had in mind?):
_DSC0086copy.jpg

Thanks for looking. Would welcome any comments.

A few more from the Exmoor meet...

1) A triangulation of photographers - from left to right: Tom, Duncan, Existent:
_DSC0284copy.jpg

2) North Devon at the Valley of the Rocks:
_DSC0262copy.jpg

3) North Devon at the Valley of the Rocks:
_DSC0253copy.jpg

4) Yet more trees!
_DSC0151copy.jpg

5) Sunset on the north Devon coast:
_DSC0017_03copy.jpg

6) Sunset on the north Devon coast:
_DSC0087_01copy.jpg

C&C welcome.

Finally got around to sorting mine out, thanks to waking up with the dawn this morning. Many thanks to Duncan and Caroline for organising this, I had a really good time. All pics straight out of the camera, just converted from raw and resized for upload.

1. spot the tog

6. Everybody say "awwww"

And some sunset pictures:

4. Really like the colours in the sea in this one. If you look closely you can see a costal mist forming in the furthest bay, at least I assume that's what it is.

onomatopoeia,

Thanks for posting your pics. Amazed there's no pp on them. I love the deep colours in your sunset pics, they've come out really well.

I also really like the tree shots # 3 & 4, and #5 (the old cart track) is very atmospheric.

Back