Exmoor

Edit My Images
No
I'm planning on heading down to Exmoor in early September for a weekend away with a few mates, some of whom share my interest in photography.

Are there any particularly good photo locations to bear in mind, and does anyone have any recommendations in terms of accommodation?

The Valley of the Rocks is probably the most famous along with Tarr steps.

A less popular recommendation I'd make is the valley above Hawkscombe (just above Porlock), I'v rented a house around there a couple of times and following the river up the valley makes for some excellent stream shots(not too big not to small) plus some nice moss covered oak Forrest right at the top.

aaBxahU.jpg

I'd suggest staying in Minehead somewhere. You've got the harbour there and the steam trains. A few short miles away is the village of Dunster and it's castle. Dunster is very quaint but also very touristy. Then there's Porlock Weir a few miles along the coast from Minehead. You might also consider Wimbleball Lake for the boats. There's a few ideas to look up.

Tarr Steps is very hard to make look nice unless the light is just right. The best shots I've ever seen (and not taken!) were shot early on a misty morning with rays filtering through the trees and hiding the road, car park and incredibly neat and tacky verges by the hotel. Streetview will give you an idea of the setting except that when I was last there it looked even tidier.

Check out the Valley of the Rocks Lynton and Lynmouth coast at the top of the Exmoor Park.
Just Google it you'll see there are Lots of Great shots here!! Especially good if you catch it at Sunrise or Sunset and the Blue Hour.
Well worth a visit

Check out the Valley of the Rocks Lynton and Lynmouth coast at the top of the Exmoor Park.
Just Google it you'll see there are Lots of Great shots here!! Especially good if you catch it at Sunrise or Sunset and the Blue Hour.
Well worth a visit

Agree with that. Loads of wild goats at the valley of the rocks too, which is a fantastic sight.

Back