Experian Data Centre Nottingham at sunset

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
After going to a talk/presentation called "architecture through the viewfinder" last tuesday by Martine Hamilton-Knight at my photography club it inspired me to get out and actually start my architecture project I had been meaning to start since the end of last year. The following images of of Experians data centre based close to where I work. This building won numerous design awards when it was built including a Concrete Society Award.

Here is a line with more info on the building containing images of the photographer who gave the talk I attended.

http://www.trentconcrete.co.uk/case_studies/experian.htm

Anyway here is my take on the building at sunset last night.
C+C welcome.

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

experian%20data%20centre%20hdr.jpg

That's one ugly mother of a building ... :eek: ... but you have captured it rather well Ant ... (y)

Good luck with the rest of your project ... ;)

:p

Thats a very strange building. Looks like a long fence. Unfortunately the light just isn't really very strong on it. The tones are quite flat. I think the first is technically the best but the path leading out the shot is a bit annoying. I think it could be better in B&W maybe, definitely better with nicer light.

Hmmm. Its still a little dull due to the light. I'd imagine with the sun shining on it it would be a lot nicer.

Hmmm. Its still a little dull due to the light. I'd imagine with the sun shining on it it would be a lot nicer.

I would totally agree with this, although we can only work with the light we are given :) Last tuesday the day I went to the talk there was the most awesome sunset over the area I work (right next door to this building). Only problem was I didnt have my camera with me. I plan to go back over the next few months and hopefully caputure the building under different lighting conditions.

Oh my god, thats freaky, I used to work like, 50m down the road from there! Walked past it many a sunny day :)

I really like the lines and curves in the first photo.

But, this thread has once again hightlighted how poorly my monitors are calibrated, either; 1 is underexposed and too dark.. or 3 is badly blown.

Anyway, go bad in better light and with a nicer sky and i look forwards to the results. :)

Looks like the Architect had a bad day when designing that building.

Back