Experience of Viltrox 13mm 1.4

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I'm after a wide-ish angle that is pocket-friendly price-wise. I've had plenty of great ones in the past, but I can't stretch too far at the moment. Max would be £300 or so. The Viltrox seems to be well-reviewed, decent price and has a good build. But what about real-world shooter experience? Has anyone owned one here? If so, would you recommend it in the context of similar-priced competition on Fuji mount (new or used)? I need it for the very many tight streets in Naples in October - so something to help counter the narrowness and the dimmer light.

Its an excellent lens, I picked one up when it was first released and really enjoyed using it, planning to get another one at some point before my next trip abroad but won't be until the autumn now!

I really liked it as a wider option to the standard 16-55

Thanks, I'm going to keep an eye out for one. I have 3.5 months until I need it, TBH, so I can be patient. I was a mug and sold my brilliant Zeiss 12mm for £300. Now I'm looking to replace it with something perhaps not as good for close to the same money. That's being a photo nut, I suppose :D

That's an excellent, practical review. Thanks a lot for posting.

I got one a couple of weeks ago. Not had much chance to use it yet but it's excellent, I'm very pleased with it. Auto focus is very quick, and the clarity & colour rendering is as good as my Fuji lenses.

Nothing coming up used and new is too pricey for me right now, so have gone for a used Fuji 16mm 2.8 which is a super nice little travel lens that I've owned once before. Thanks for the views. The 13mm still looks a great option.

Back