Critique Experiment : first use of photo effects v usual method (B&W

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Well ................. I downloaded the free Photoeffects 8 and even though my PC only has 3mb of RAM I managed to use it - standalone - to have ago at the combination of 'Dynamic Contrast' + B&W, compared with my usual method.

First up my usual method of converting an image to B&W:

2570-1390952398-596585d003e9a4efef551b9408d56708.jpg

next - photo effects

2569-1390952393-29cc393f5577dee3d5f97d55c33b33bc.jpg

(Apologies for big difference in size)

I much prefer my usual method but think I was too heavy handed in use of PE so not writing it off just yet:)

I prefer yours too, there's too much contrast in the photoeffects one. :) So you get a thumbs up from me with your own processing. You have to be careful with the plugins, they tend to be over-the-top and need turning down on the effect itself.

The apple looks disgusting and rotten in the conversion, compared to yours.

I think if you had taken one bite out of the apple (or maybe got a kid to bite it) so there was a more definable image of what had ate it - looks like a squirrel has been fighting with it lol

Thanks Carl.

Many people say how good the Dynamic Contrast is in Photeffects, so not giving up on it yet. A big problem for me is that PE needs 8mb RAM and I only have 3mb - so PC is verrrrrry slow

I picked the apple up off the ground after birds had been at it:). I think I originally posted in it in the Mundane Monday thread in Creative, when topic was something beginning with A, and I wanted a different kind of apple.

Yours is much better Chris. Some programs just don't live up to the sales spiel.

Thanks - but at this stage the jury is still out - I want to have another go some time but at the moment I am trying to learn how to use flash, learn PSE 11 and take photos of a type I have never taken before eg candlelight - so I need to balance totally new stuff (that I prefer learning) to improvements on stuff that I can already do in a reasonable way.

Back