experimenting with partial obscurity

Edit My Images
Yes
As above, just some c&c on the following shot and whether you guys think it works/not and what could be done better next time :)

8037823769_12bb7f313a_b.jpg

danke

just a quick reaction: great shot, love the colours, the look on her face...absolute gold! Would love to see it without the busy background, but I guess you can't take the cafe into a studio ;)

That's a cracking capture! Love the colours! So warm & Very vibrant! Love the emotion being shown & the composition, this has worked very wel!

Big fat Thumbs up for me (y)

Slater

I think it's a fab picture and processing is great too. Just one thing that I don't like and that's her eyes. Too much whites for me. If you had centred her eyes I think it would be greatly improved.

I like that, maybe crop whatever is in the top left corner, would love to try a shot like that. Take the busy background out and it'll look like something from an american diner in the 50s.

Another thumbs up from me.

I like the way the reflection behind us also becomes part of the image.

I really like it too. Still on the fence as to whether the reflections from the street bother me, but either way, it's a cracking shot. I think a light crop is possibly an idea but perhaps not as close as the edit above, maybe just enough to take the white stripe out top left?

I think this is a fantastic shot! I am undecided on the reflections - I have been looking at this image a few times now, and sometimes it bothers me, and other times I think it adds to the shot, kind of like she is sitting while the busy world goes by type feeling. I really like the PP as well. My personal opinion is that the tight crop in the edit does not work too well - it loses the atmosphere of the photo, but maybe that's just me.

Really good shot, I love the pose and the colours are fantastic. The only thing I'm not keen on is the white van in the reflection

just a quick reaction: great shot, love the colours, the look on her face...absolute gold! Would love to see it without the busy background, but I guess you can't take the cafe into a studio ;)

i tried once, didn't end well :p

thanks very much appreciate the feedback (y)

:love:

That's a cracking capture! Love the colours! So warm & Very vibrant! Love the emotion being shown & the composition, this has worked very wel!

Big fat Thumbs up for me

Slater

Thank you very much! Always good when someone enjoys it as much as I do (y)

Would a polarizing filter have taken the 'busy' reflection out of that?

Not sure, but I'm guessing so? Either way, it's something I didnt think about until you mentioned it so thank you (y) Will maybe try next time

I think it's a fab picture and processing is great too. Just one thing that I don't like and that's her eyes. Too much whites for me. If you had centred her eyes I think it would be greatly improved.

Thank you and good point. I have one with eye contact, but the head is tilted and so you can only see one eye... so it came down to one eye with contact, or two eyes with none :crying: Something to think about for next time though thanks :)

I like that, maybe crop whatever is in the top left corner, would love to try a shot like that. Take the busy background out and it'll look like something from an american diner in the 50s.

Thanks dude, I'll crop and post below

Another thumbs up from me.

I like the way the reflection behind us also becomes part of the image.

True, good 2for1 value there :p

A quick edit idea:

girldiner.jpg

thank you for the edit :) But i do think it's a little too tight, don't feel her surroundings as much. I'll try a wider crop below

Love it! Reflections add to it I would say. Split toning works very well. Lining of the eyes is spot on. Very well done!

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it :love:

I really like it too. Still on the fence as to whether the reflections from the street bother me, but either way, it's a cracking shot. I think a light crop is possibly an idea but perhaps not as close as the edit above, maybe just enough to take the white stripe out top left?

I've taken your advice and posted below :eek:)

I think this is a fantastic shot! I am undecided on the reflections - I have been looking at this image a few times now, and sometimes it bothers me, and other times I think it adds to the shot, kind of like she is sitting while the busy world goes by type feeling. I really like the PP as well. My personal opinion is that the tight crop in the edit does not work too well - it loses the atmosphere of the photo, but maybe that's just me.

Thank you so much, really appreciate the kind words :eek:)

Really good shot, I love the pose and the colours are fantastic. The only thing I'm not keen on is the white van in the reflection

Me neither :crying: Tried to Photoshop it out many times but it proved too difficult. It was very obvious that the pixels were copied and it looked ghastly. You're welcome to have a go if you have time. Need to practice a LOT more in PP i think. Thanks! :eek:)

Here is the cropped as many of you suggested:

8057369021_6f006d70ce_b.jpg

This is something different and I really like the idea and image.

After having scrolled up and down several times and considered the various crops I think the last one seems to work better for me. I wasn't sure about having the opposite bench in but think that without it seems to guide your eyes out of the pic to the left to see who she is looking at, so guess it works better to leave it in.

I think this is a great street candid shot, the crop works and th shot has a very quirky feel. It has a colour Thomas Leuthard feel. Really appeals to me!

Back