Expertshielduk

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
For anyone considering screen protection.

Last year on the 30th June I purchased a screen protector from ExpertshieldUK for my Fuji X-T1. At £7.95 it was getting close to the price of some GGS protectors but at the time there was limited choice available for the Fuji. Reviews I had read were mainly good, with the usual amount of people complaining that the protector started to peel off within a couple of weeks. The site also stated a life time guarantee (not something that swayed me as I took it mean that they would decide what the lifetime of a protector was).

When I received it I made sure to follow all the instructions and made the best job I could of fitting it. Fairly simple to apply, no air bubbles and still retained a nice bright clear image, so far so good. Moving on a year later I have just taken delivery of another X-T1 and was again looking at screen protection. There are a lot more available now including glass protectors. However on closer inspection of the expertshield from last year I realised that it was starting to lift on two corners, so before making my next purchase I contacted them.

Emailed them in the early hours yesterday morning to ask if they had any advice, fully expecting a rebuff or to suggest removing and washing before trying to reapply. However, just after 10am I got a reply saying they were very sorry and a new protector would be mailed out. Arrived in the post this morning along with the other one I ordered through Amazon yesterday afternoon.

Many will read this and think I am a shill who signed up six and a half years ago and made a few "nice shot" comments before bumming up a company. To those people I say "Really?? o_O"

Anyway, that was far to much rambling to say "great service from expertshielduk" (y)

Unlike most plastic protectors, there is no glue and you can take them off and wash them - instructions on their web site. I have bought them for iPnones, iPads and cameras an found them excellent. The fixing instructions on their web site (a bit hidden last time I looked) are particularly helpful.
Full disclosure, they are now about a mile away from me (having moved from 5 miles away) and last time I bought from them they noticed the address and refunded the postage on the grounds that I am a neighbour.

I bought one and completely messed up fitting it, I got in touch and they sent me a new one along with, it has to be said, better fiting instructions. Popped the new one on and am very happy. Whether the quality is any better than the ones where you get 3 or4 for less money I've no idea, but they work, don't inhibit touch screens, and their service is second to none. It would be interesting to hear from anybody who has used the cheaper ones.

Back