Expired film, where from?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Where do I get expired film from. Is there a reliable source of do I just take a chance on eBay?
Thanks

Well not a reliable source but sometimes (rare now) see film at jumble sales or bootsales........years ago picked up loads for as little as 10p. Other than ebay (and as Pentax pete mentioned) maybe joining a camera club might be useful.

Analogue Wonderland sometimes sell expired film

I got given an OM2n last week and with it were some "new" films with an expiry of 1995.

I'll let you all know in this forum how they turn out.

Also included in the kit was a Bell & Howell cine camera and 8 "new" Super 8 films.

I was amazed to find you can still buy them and they go for between £48 & £65!!!

I got given an OM2n last week and with it were some "new" films with an expiry of 1995.

I'll let you all know in this forum how they turn out.

Also included in the kit was a Bell & Howell cine camera and 8 "new" Super 8 films.

I was amazed to find you can still buy them and they go for between £48 & £65!!!
What super 8 films are they?

Unfortunately as zx9 says, you can't get Kodachrome processed as colour anymore and processing it as b&w is a faff at best, also the resulting images are generally disappointing.
Probably better off sticking them in a cupboard and keeping your fingers crossed that some clever boffin comes up with a way of developing it in the future.
In the meatime pick up some fresh Super 8 and run a roll through your camera.

Cheers guys,

This guy's done it but no idea if he still does / whether it's worth the postage.

Cheers guys,

This guy's done it but no idea if he still does / whether it's worth the postage.

There's been a couple of guys that have managed it but its never really taken off as a business. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it return but I'm not holding my breath,
or defrosting the Kodachrome I have in the freezer just yet :D

There's been a couple of guys that have managed it but its never really taken off as a business. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it return but I'm not holding my breath,
or defrosting the Kodachrome I have in the freezer just yet :D
This stuff's expiry was 1980 and wasn't kept in a freezer.

God know how it would turn out.

I'm not rich enough to try it & see.

This stuff's expiry was 1980 and wasn't kept in a freezer.

God know how it would turn out.

I'm not rich enough to try it & see.
I wouldn't waste your time.

Back