Exploding Christmas Tree...

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought it was time to have a try at one of those zoomy tree shots :)

Hand held with a 6D / 16-35 @ 2s

booms.jpg

Very good, I rather like the effect Brian (y), might have to try that miself sometime

Nice idea, a different background may benefit the shot, no stairs (y)

OMG last time I tried those shots was with film cameras, totally forgot about zooming!

Great concept
Does it matter if you start wide and zoom in, or start in and zoom out?

That's good.

Great concept
Does it matter if you start wide and zoom in, or start in and zoom out?

It depends what you want for the background and how you time the shot. Generally it's easier to aim for a couple of sec exposure, let the camera expose for the first second or so, then zoom. Obviously if you zoom in on a small target the the lines of light go outwards toward the edge of the frame, while if you target fills the frame then zooming out will make the lines go inwards. I'd suggest setting the shot up with the BG in mind, then zooming accordingly.

This looks to me like a zoom in.

That's good.

It depends what you want for the background and how you time the shot. Generally it's easier to aim for a couple of sec exposure, let the camera expose for the first second or so, then zoom. Obviously if you zoom in on a small target the the lines of light go outwards toward the edge of the frame, while if you target fills the frame then zooming out will make the lines go inwards. I'd suggest setting the shot up with the BG in mind, then zooming accordingly.

This looks to me like a zoom in.

It was a zoom out :)

Camera in manual mode, focused on the tree, hit the shutter & zoomed out for 2s

I think the zoom in/out depends on where you focus first(and how long you hold that zoom point) & if you want the subject to go in or out.

I just zoomed out as it was easier :D

Back