Exploring France - latest vlogs

Alors, tu veux tester mon français toi ;) Vraiment! Je sais que j'ai un petit accent anglais mais c'est pas aussi grave que ça!!!

Thanks Toni. It's noted on the music and you weren't the only one ;) Limoges cathedral is stunning and I got real lucky being allowed up high.

Your French is enormously better than my Franglais: it was the ejaculation of the word that caught my attention and caused amusement. Bien cordialement, as my French customer says.

:)

On Tuesday I was out and about in the department of Loir-et-Cher. This central department has a number of gems from north to south but in this episode I’ll show you some of the south.

From old towns and castles to some beautiful old churches there’s a lot to do. I can only really scratch the surface with these vlogs.

And stick around to the end where i’ll show a bit of a blooper reel where I was given some special access.

:p

I have no accents on my keyboard - something I'm not sorry about really, having used a genuine French language keyboard and wondered what the heck was all that stuff. ;)

I have no accents on my keyboard - something I'm not sorry about really, having used a genuine French language keyboard and wondered what the heck was all that stuff. ;)

The accents are there Toni. Hold down Alt then press 0123 on the number pad and you’ll start finding all sorts of stuff.

alt gr (just to the right of my space bar on this laptop running Win10 and Edge) + E gives me an acute accented é. Works on the other vowels too. Quicker than using the alt + ???? BUT only works for acute accents.

Thanks very much for this. I really appreciate the effort you put in.

I generally holiday in France most years - and can't wait to get back. It's a large country and every time we find much that is new to us, but the Loire valley is very much a favourite.

Thanks very much for this. I really appreciate the effort you put in.

I generally holiday in France most years - and can't wait to get back. It's a large country and every time we find much that is new to us, but the Loire valley is very much a favourite.

Absolutely no problems at all! Thank you for the kind comments :D

There is so much to do here. I'm still only scratching the surface.

Recently I was given permission to photograph the tulips that were blooming at the Château de Cheverny. Sadly they couldn’t open to the public over the Easter weekend because of the restrictions put in place by the French government.

But I’m sure it won’t be long and we can all get back to places such as this and enjoy as well as support them.

They planted 250,000 tulips and they give an amazing display. A display that any photographer would be delighted to go and try their hand at.

This week’s vlog is a little different to previous ones.

A couple of weeks ago I saw this huge field of rapeseed and thought that it could make a decent image. So I found some time to go and have a look at it. The same time I was doing this I filmed my thoughts on the image in front of me.

Last week my plan was capturing the last of the autumn in the Creuse. However with just a few kilometres of my journey to do the back brakes on my car failed.

For safety reasons as I was two and a half hour from where I live I decided to finish the vlog very quickly. It's not the most ideal of situations but these things do happen.

Next week's vlog is going to be a little more of the Creuse so keep an eye out for that.

Back