Exposing sensor for cleaning

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Just a quickly, I haven't got a clue where to start with sensor cleaning, so of course I'll be making sure I know exactly what I'm doing before tackling such a task. My question is, how do you actually get to the sensor to clean it? Is it as simple as opening the shutter on bulb and going at it that way?

Yes, thats it.

Google for "Copper Hill Method"

BTW you never clean the sensor directly, you clean the anti-alias filter which sits on top (these are quite tough and if you are careful hard to damage)

Cheers PD :) It's not getting cleaned any time soon as the body's going back to Olympus (down a pixel on the sensor :bonk:) Was just curious more than anything.

Your camera should have a sensor cleaning mode. Using bulb is a bad idea as it means the sensor will be charged and attract more dust.

Your E420 should have a "utility" tab in custom menu #2 for sensor cleaning.

Bob

Gleaming, cheers guys.

Really thanks Bob, found it, will be very useful.

I saw that while looking for the cleaning mode and thought 'must dig out the manual and have a read'. Will have a play later. Surprisingly though I rang Oly and told them the problem and they just told me to send it back, never mentioned anything about pixel mapping :shrug:

Back