Exposure counter

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Quick question on the zorki exposure counter. How many exposures have been used when the counter looks like this?

035f38be.jpg

if it's anything like the fed-3 exposure counter, you have to manually align the zero of the counter with the little triangle indicator when you load the film - the indicator disk then moves on one point every time you wind the film - if you've forgotten to zero-ise the counter of course, it's neither use nor ornament, unless you can remember how many frames you've shot :)

What he said - could be anything... depends what it started at.

Like he said above, the counter does not return to zero every time you open the back so unless you zeroed it at the start of the film it doesn't really mean anything. Looks like almost the same counter on my Zenit EM so I would assume what I am saying is right.

... unless you mean does it count up or down - used or unused? The Zorki counts up from zero so you have *used* 15 frames rather than having 15 left (assuming you set the counter to zero of course :D )

Thanks for the replies. I haven't reset the counter as I didn't realise I had to (instructions aren't particularly clear). At work now so will have a fiddle when I get home.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't reset the counter as I didn't realise I had to (instructions aren't particularly clear). At work now so will have a fiddle when I get home.

Ah well - you can always just keep shooting until it won't wind on - I think counters are over-rated anyway (and yes, that does mean I always forget to reset the counter on my FED-3 :LOL:)

Well I'm home and I've had a fiddle (yes I know, phnar phnar :p) and the only thing I can see to adjust the counter is a screw in the centre. Don't really want to turn it if it isn't the right one, have visions of a cartoon like disassembly!

It's not geared, just friction. Put thumb on, light pressure, turn it... simples. Nothing to break.

The disc with the numbers on it will move independently of the ring (with the triangle pointing to 15). It might be a bit stiff, but should go around with finger pressure. Soviets had tougher skin than us, so don't expect it to be a comfortable operation... But don't take any tools to it!

(no innuendo in this post)

Aha, sorted. (y)

And thanks for the innuendo free post offline. :D

Back