Exposure Meters

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A bit of help please if anyone would be so kind.
Sometime ago I had a Sekonic L 408 light meter which had both shutter and aperture priority measurements and in a mad moment I rather stupidly sold it, so I have decided I want another meter which does both .
I have distilled the choice down to two, both used
A Sekonic L 718 described as excellent for £150
A Seconic L 308X described as mint minus for £240

They both do the same job but the 308X is obviously a lot newer and it bit more compact if that makes any difference but is it worth the extra £90

I do not want a 308s as it is only shutter priority

Any thoughts as to which one 718 or 308X

Many Thanks

Chris

I do not want a 308s as it is only shutter priority
I don't wish to be accused of teaching granny to suck eggs but the 308s shows both aperture and shutter speed when set to that mode.

You can then step through in either direction to see the alternative combinations...

Sekonic L308s in shutter - aperture mode TZ70 P1030899.JPG

I don't wish to be accused of teaching granny to suck eggs but the 308s shows both aperture and shutter speed when set to that mode.

You can then step through in either direction to see the alternative combinations...

View attachment 350478
When I read the manual I understood that you could not set an aperture and get it to give you a shutter speed only set a shutter speed and get an aperture
If I am wrong then I have boobed and probably spent a few bob more than I needed

When I read the manual I understood that you could not set an aperture and get it to give you a shutter speed only set a shutter speed and get an aperture
If I am wrong then I have boobed and probably spent a few bob more than I needed
Yep you’ve boobed!

Never mind , if what you’ve bought gives you what you need then that’s ultimately what matters. ;)

Back