Extatosoma Tiaratum

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Or as it's known here a MACLEAY'S SPECTRE STICK INSECT

rovers02.jpg

Not posted in a while and this was just using my Macro 150mm Sigma. I didn't really spend as much time as I could have but any thoughts welcome as always.

Thank's Carl

I went to buy a 'couple' of these for those long winter nights when you have nothing to Macro Tog and My Daughter ended up doing a deal with the breeder and bought hundreds of the blighter's home. So at the tender age of 11 she is going to be competing with Lord Sugar :) She is off to a pet centre at the weekend to show children how to keep them properly. At least she will be looking after them so I only have to worry about taking the photos :)

Brings back memories as I ended up with hundreds of these as a teenager from half a dozen!

really huge and scary looking but harmless. They look like ants as small nymphs and move fast like ants too, then progressively look more and more like dried out leaves and movement changes to slow rocking like leaves moving in a light breeze

Also although males do exist, they can reproduce without breeding, giving birth only to females if the do not mate

Enjoy your ever growing family!!

Back