External battery pack for flash

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst at Rock the Castle yesterday the 'tog from the local paper was there with his McCanon kit and I noticed he had what was obviously an external power pack on his belt with a lead going to his flash.

Any ideas if there is something like this suitable for a Nikon gun?

Whoops, forgive me peoples, I have just sinned - accidently clicked on the link without reading it properly and found my self at the Nikon UK site. Just going to disinfect myself in the shower before going to find a priest who will listen to my confession :(

Whoops, forgive me peoples, I have just sinned - accidently clicked on the link without reading it properly and found my self at the Nikon UK site. Just going to disinfect myself in the shower before going to find a priest who will listen to my confession :(

You better run :bat:

Dod, the Nikon one looks a bit puny as it only holds a few AA batteries.

Steve, the Quantum looks as if it could do the job but not at that price!

Thanks guys.

Warehouse express have one in their bargain basement, down to £250.................!!

Think I'll just change a AA's and have a holiday instead..

Dod, the Nikon one looks a bit puny as it only holds a few AA batteries.
Aye, the Canon holds 8, that one holds 6.

Whilst at Rock the Castle yesterday the 'tog from the local paper was there with his McCanon kit and I noticed he had what was obviously an external power pack on his belt with a lead going to his flash.

Any ideas if there is something like this suitable for a Nikon gun?

I had a leaflet through the post from Nikon on Saturday. The CLS section shows a picture of a flashgun with something atatched to the side where the battery door would be. It looks like an additional battery pack, but there is no mention of it in the text .
See http://www.nikon.co.uk/customer_services/brochure_request/pdfs/Digital_SLR_Accessories_12p.pdf

Page 11 shows high performance battery pack for sb800.

Gareth

I think its just for a quicker recharge time between flashes but not totally sure.

I use the Battery Pack SD-8A for my Speedlight SB-80DX have done for a while ! Its light to carry around and with (NiCd) batteries its quite fast also.

Paul

I can't open the link Gareth R refers to but I've got the SB800 & it has a clip that replaces the battery compartment door to hold one extra battery, so you have 5 AA batteries not four. Not used it yet as I keep loads of spares to replace when needed.

Go to maplins buy some bits and make your own battery packs using D cells.

Back