Extremely goog value or..?!

Edit My Images
Yes
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digit...ryZ43454QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is it possible that this package costs around $1370 in USA yet here I have a feeling the price would be 1370 but in pounds!
Why do we put up with such a rip off deals!? Ipods are almost 60% more expensive then in US and more expensive then in Europe. Just look at that super deal and accessories. Follow the link.It makes me feel like going there buying it, repackage it and just come back to Uk still saving money.

It's called Tax. Import tax, VAT.

Then again that package really looks like a bag of crap to me. Other than the camera, 2 lenses, and 2 SD cards the rest is stuff that should probably go straight in the bin without opening the boxes. IMO of course.

Pete

I personally wouldn't say it was that good value tbh, eg, the 450D should be £500ish body only, then 18-55 lens can be had for £40 of ebay, the 75-300 for £80 of ebay, the wide angle and 2x tc are cheap ones so say £50 for both of those, memory cards are SD which are cheap anyway, say £30 for both (considering 4gb Cf are about £18 and SD is cheaper).
The tripod is a cheapo one, the cases could probs be had for £50 for both - again being generous, so that's about £760 all together which is close to $1370

the rest is stuff that should probably go straight in the bin without opening the boxes. IMO of course.

Remove the probably and you could remove the IMO too I reckon. ;):LOL:

So I was being fooled by all these extras that are not very valuable then?
I am an amateur in this department and it look so good and relatively cheap. So I could get all these in UK for the same price if I wanted to?

So I could get all these in UK for the same price if I wanted to?

Absolutely. (y)

The real point is that you really don't want to. Most of the extras are verging on worse than useless.

They really lay it on thick on their ad, 4 lenses, I only count 2, the other 2 arent, they are adaptor/converters. The flash.. would you buy it? Flexible table top tripod, useless on SLR, had one free with our point and shoot, wife found it a few weeks ago when I still had the 400D, even with nifty fifty on the entire thing and camera kept falling over. Tripod, looks cheap and flimsy, bought one similar a few years ago and also lost my 400D to the sea.

Seriously, shop around, pricematch deals etc, camera price buster is a good site to keep an eye on, and remember if you buy the camera over here, if it goes wrong, much cheaper and less hassle to get it back to dealer/canon if it needs repair/replacement.

Depends on the risk you are willing to take.

On top of all the above which I agree with, you need to add £50 for delivery as well.

and import duty, not checked but probably ~10%, then VAT on the lot @ 17.5%...

That doesn't even come with the IS lens as standard.
70-300 worth about £200
'wide angle and telephoto lens' about £20 each
5 piece filter kit - £15
2 cards - about £18 each
hard shell case - £25
soft case - £15
tripod - £20 max
lens cleaning kit - £5
flash - £40 max
screen protectors - £3

There is a lot of, to put it nicely, unnecessary items. Why would you want wide angle and tephoto converters, the kit lens is wide enough and you have an additional zoom lens as well. An Additional flash gun! 2 Camera bags !! I wouldn't put my camera on that tripod.

You'd probably get a better deal at Jessops

You'd probably get a better deal at Jessops

There's no need for language like that! :p

I talked a friend out of buying a package like this recently.

Back