Eye Contact II

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_3713.jpg

Another from Saturday’s shoot. This is the same girl as in the previous Eye Contact shot. Just normal light outside with a reflector. I’m totally sold on these things.

Camera: Canon 30D // Lens: Canon 24-70 // Exposure Time: 1 / 100 // Flash: Flash did not fire // FNumber: 2.8 // Focal Length: 43mm

- via www.vanilladays.com RSS feed (c) 2007 Pete Carr -Share This

More...

Thats another cracking!! shot Pete, WOW those eyes are amazing :love: the models not bad either :D

:1st:Now thats a corker...... Love those eyes, the tones and contrast levels are spot on... and the B & W works brill...

Well done Pete, and nice to see you taking on a different aspect of your area of photography too.. I'd be scared witless doing something like this.. but would to have a go all the same..

Keep it up.. lol

Great eyes ... ;)

I like it, but the lighting is a bit flat and you chopped her hand in half.

Great eyes ... ;)

I like it, but the lighting is a bit flat and you chopped her hand in half.

Flat, how so? I did accidently cut part of her hand off, but that'll be because I was nervous and never noticed :)

I love the light on this, and the emphasis on her eyes, striking!
Don't fuss about the hand Pete, its not really an issue in this shot.
:clap:

There is no definition to the features of her face, only the outline of it, the rest is pretty much plain white. Just a personal preference really, but I like to see little more use of shadow made to bring out features.

I love the light on this, and the emphasis on her eyes, striking!
Don't fuss about the hand Pete, its not really an issue in this shot.
:clap:

Aye, I'm not going to :)

There is no definition to the features of her face, only the outline of it, the rest is pretty much plain white. Just a personal preference really, but I like to see little more use of shadow made to bring out features.

Ah right. This was the style I was going for. White, contrasty, beautiful. Plus I feel that there's definition where there needs to be.

Cor. Great shot.
Could nit pick, but it's not worth it in this case.

A 10 second dodge and burn -

before_after1.jpg

A little shadow on the far side of her face, and I also darkened the hairline and under her chin a little to frame the face more.

Ah right. This was the style I was going for. White, contrasty, beautiful. Plus I feel that there's definition where there needs to be.

Sorry, didn't see you had written this while I was editing away

I could have probably gotten the same by reducing the red channel a touch too.

All said and done I would say the mouth is the point of focus not the eyes-not that they are out of focus but slightly less than the mouth.

EDIT: Comments about the models are not allowed - please read the rules.
Please keep all comments restricted to the photography, and not comments on the model. We will remove any posts we feel are not suitable

I prefer the darker version, makes her eyes and flesh stand out more ;)

Nice shot, but for some reason I seem to keep getting distracted by the bottom right of the composition :shrug: ;)

That's because the hand is really important in the shot and the finger stumps have a very strong pull on the eye. Obviously seeing it in the first place would have been best but in the here and now, I'd think strongly about taking it out all together.

Also, it could be sharper on the eyes and I suspect it's not really going to hold at print size.

I do really like the process though, the white out on the face suits the model and the style.

Not entirely sure why its slightly out of focus. Could have been camera shake I guess. Maybe I forgot to refocus, dunno.

Not entirely sure why its slightly out of focus. Could have been camera shake I guess. Maybe I forgot to refocus, dunno.

It may have had something to do with looking down the top of a model :p

But I like the pic and looking forward to more in the series :)

It works for me in both your version and the edit. Cracking shot well done.

Back