Eye-Fi cards, a useful aid for disabled photographers??

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya,

Does anyone have experience of using eye-fi cards especially in relation to them being an aid for disabled photographers e.g. being able to link them to a computer and show the results immediately on a large computer monitor. How quickly does the stystem work and is it as good as its made out to be?

General cmoments also welcomed.

Since the direct mode implementation it has becmoe much better,

I have a 4GB X2 Card, I use it in a Canon 1D MKIV, CF Card in Slot one saving RAW image, Eyefi in Slot 2, set to Medium Jpg,

I stream the images direct to an iPad, (There is Free eyefi software for it), but I use Shuttersnitch which I feel is a little better

Streaming time for a Medium Jpg direct to the ipad is about 1.5 Seconds per image. and it will happy take a constant buffer full and stream them afterwards,

Viewing the images on the iPad screen is great fro quality and exposure checking, as well as showing customers/models during a shoot, and I would imagine for a person with limited eyesight would be a great benefit over the camera's own screen.

So it gets a thumbs up from me, now it has direct mode (In the older mode when you had to connect through a router was much more fiddly and hassle), but now I really would recommend

Hiya,

This issue of sdeeing images on a reasonable sized screen is something I have always struggled with. I go back to cameras like the Mamiya C330 and even linhofs and 5x4 but they have all caused problems and I have ended up using magnfiiers on them. I can't focus a camera accurately without aids to save my life. Tethered shooting offers some help but few camera manufactures seem to want to bundle the software for this with their cameras and I am not sure how good that software is anyway!

Regards

Back