Eye-Fi Cards. Can they be used without setting up an Eye-Fi account?

KayJay

Give us a Tena
Edit My Images
Yes
All i want is to add wireless connectivity from my camera to my mobile phone without having another online account to worry about. Can i just put one in my camera and connect to my phone without having to create an account with Eye-Fi or install software on my computer?

Sorry don't know about the eye fi buy I have recently bought a toshiba FlashAir which is similar to the eye fi and I did not have to create an account.

You can download the FlashAir app or just use the browse once you have connected you phone to the card, you use the app to view and download the pics you want to the phone or table.

Thanks Kev and Kevin.

I've bought one of the Mobi ones so will see how it goes. They seem perfect. I was wanting to use my GF1 with my phone because i love that camera and thought it would be great to get it to send photos to my phone.

Wow. I didn't realise you cant do selective transfer with the new Mobi cards. That seems like a really poor decision. Might have to cancel that order and get one of those Toshiba ones.

Oops did not see Kevin's reply above, I also bought theToshiba one after Kevin's recommendation. I have used it with my xf1 and nexus 7 and am very happy with it.

there's an android app called FE FI that allows you to transfer photo's from your eye-fi card straight to your phones gallery it's a replacement app for the eye-fi android app

how well it works i don't know but it might be worth a try

Oops did not see Kevin's reply above, I also bought theToshiba one after Kevin's recommendation. I have used it with my xf1 and nexus 7 and am very happy with it.
In part you can but you will need to instal the software for the card on the pooter but after that you can connnect to your camera & mobil in the middle of a field..
That said i have only used the Toshiba EyeFi card, Brought mine here....................Toshiba 16GB Flash Air Wifi SD Card Class 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a little initial writeup of the card. I think it's great. I might grab a couple more.

there's an android app called FE FI that allows you to transfer photo's from your eye-fi card straight to your phones gallery it's a replacement app for the eye-fi android app

how well it works i don't know but it might be worth a try

Downloaded this just now but as usual every app and it's cousin wants to update as soon as the wifi is turned on :mad:
Will give it a go later :D

Ummm it would appear that Fe Fi is for EyeFi cards and won't work with Tosh's Flashair :(
Based on the fact it needs an upload code to connect and i can't for the life of me find it :(
Deleted :)

Ummm it would appear that Fe Fi is for EyeFi cards and won't work with Tosh's Flashair :(
Based on the fact it needs an upload code to connect and i can't for the life of me find it :(
Deleted :)

i did mention it was for eye fi cards :)
i gave it a try and it does what it says, the idea of the app is to allow you to download images from the card without having to go through eye fi's server like you do with eye fi's own software

finding the upload code is pretty straightforward but you need the original eye fi software installed on your pc and the card configured to transfer images over wifi to the pc
the easiest way is to do a search for the settings.xml file in c:/documents and settings folder
once found open the file and you should see something like this within the file

-<Card MacAddress="00-18-56-22-22-13">
<UploadKey>085e231dc88550979724ce36b3ce2222</UploadKey>

make sure you eye fi card is connected via wireless to you phone / tablet , run FE Fi , type the upload key in and job done :)

flashair has it's own android app

Back