Eye of the beholder

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Was playing around with Live View on the computer yesterday evening for an idea I had for my Photography course, not sure if this works or not, so looking for some C&C

ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/8 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Focal Length: 263mm

Shot with some bounced flash off the wall, no PP done at all

IMG_0003.JPG

Thanks
-Simon

I personal think its a bit fuzzy, there is a nice reflection in the pupil though!

I would say you need more light onto the face/eye and a faster shutter speed. maybe a higher flash setting or more towards the face on the lowest.

I personal think its a bit fuzzy, there is a nice reflection in the pupil though!

I would say you need more light onto the face/eye and a faster shutter speed. maybe a higher flash setting or more towards the face on the lowest.

I did a whole series of them last night - quite difficult to get the focus right as its manual on Live view - so was focusing by moving forwards and backwards in the chair with one eye on the live screen

The point of it was to try and get the reflection as sharp and clear as possible, tried some more with different exposures and when the skin is lit better you lose the reflection - plus you get a massive flash light in the reflection too (its to the right of the two screens in the reflection)

ahh makes more sense now you said what you were aiming for....

from that i would only say knock the iso to 400, what lens are you using, I would probably put it on auto if your doing it all by yourself etc

You alound to use PP on your course?

We are not really supposed to use major PP, but I do shoot everything in RAW as well so I can do a bit of rescue work....

I'm using a Sigma APO DG 70-300

Went through the images and cleaned up the following from RAW - let me know if you think this is any better?

It was shot at the same settings, but I had a background light on as well

IMG_0004_pp.jpg

MUCH better!

alot sharper and the reflection stand out more too

good stuff

No#2 is a cool image as Robbo says much better than the first.

I think there will be a good few of these on the forums over the coming weeks. I have seen at least three over the past week or so. We seem to have a thing in the macro section all following on and attempting to copy from one idea. It may be that there is hardly anything interesting popping its head out for us to shoot outside at the moment. I may have to have a go at this myself now :LOL:

Only person that we do not imitate under any circumstances is of course Robbo as he is a professional and has some sort of special forces training or something :LOL:

:

Only person that we do not imitate under any circumstances is of course Robbo as he is a professional and has some sort of special forces training or something :LOL:

:wave: lol im not that bad! yet..... like you say there is nothing outside for us lot!

cant wait for my explosives to come!

Back