Eyebright

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Eyebright.jpg

Been lying on the ground again & thought well seeing as I am here.....

Well exposed and sharp, but cluttered and unprecise. Far too much going on.

You obviously have your opinion I have mine. I wanted to show the plant as others would see it growing. Do you know the plant?

I do Sawman :) and its the right species for using its medicinal properties, it has a hairy calyx. Very useful plant and a clear photo too.

I agree with oldgit. It lovely and sharp and perfectly exposed, but imo could do with being framed tighter so that there are less distracting elements which would help show off the flowers.

Framing it tighter would show of the flowers better yes. I wanted to show it as it grows in the wild. I did not want a "boring"record shot of the plant.
Knew Susane would know it. You know your plants.

I was about to ask how tall this is, sawman, but I can see an ant in the picture so I now know! ;)

I was about to ask how tall this is, sawman, but I can see an ant in the picture so I now know! ;)

Janice the eagle eyedbright:) Well spotted I missed it but then it is maybe just adding to the "clutter"

Janice the eagle eyedbright:) Well spotted I missed it but then it is maybe just adding to the "clutter"

Nature isnt clutter, Charlie, its supposed to be there and I like to see these smaller flowers in situ. (y)

Nature isnt clutter, Charlie, its supposed to be there and I like to see these smaller flowers in situ. (y)

Thanks Janice I am glad to see that someone realised what I was trying to do.

I am new and my opinion may not count for much but I like it. It is nice to look at a picture and not always have your eye drawn to one spot.

Does that make sense? Its a picture you can look around.

I am new and my opinion may not count for much but I like it. It is nice to look at a picture and not always have your eye drawn to one spot.

Does that make sense? Its a picture you can look around.
Makes perfect sense to me. Thats what I was trying to achieve

Hey Sawman. Isn't it great when what you hwere trying to do is seen and appreciated as that and not dismissed out of hand as bad because it doesn't fit some godforsaken formula. Great picture!!

Hey Sawman. Isn't it great when what you hwere trying to do is seen and appreciated as that and not dismissed out of hand as bad because it doesn't fit some godforsaken formula. Great picture!!

Well thank you for that. I never did believe in running with the sheep.glad you liked my "cluttered" effort

Back