EyeFi & Toshiba Flash air SD Cards

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Just out of interest I wondered if anyone used these SD Cards?

Do they improve your workflow, save time transferring files across to your computer, tablet, mac etc

I thought about using them at sports venues but through the grapevine I know they're class 10 cards but do they keep up with high camera burst rates??

Just interested to hear your views?

Ta

I know folk who do manage to make EyeFi pro cards work but my experience with them - to either windows laptop or iPad was terrible. I really did try to make them work, and I'm more tech-savvy than many.

I had constant dropped connections, slow transfers & rarely managed to reconnect automatically. Even when the transfers did work the client software never quite behaved as I wanted it to.

I reckon you'd be better off with a high-speed card reader and using something like PhotoMechanic to speed up your workflow, if you don't already.

Thank you for your reply @juggler. Much appreciated. The theory of the cards I feel is a good one but not at the expense of photographer frustration and I feel in this day and age we all need speed from our equipment and if this cheap version doesn't work, maybe you're right and I will explore other avenues!

Thank You

There is a thread here that shows that the EyeFi product is now out of production.

I use Toshiba FlashAir which do fine for my viewing via IPad 'in the field'.

Transcendalso sell wifi enabled cards.

Your Workflow point is the telleing point. As suggested by Juggler, a fast card reader (USB3 or Thunderbolt. RAW transfers via wifi cards would be very slow (not sure it's even possible).

The Canon Connect App is good with Pjones/Tablets but again no RAW transfer and I can remotely control my EOS750D with it.

Back