Eyefi / Transcend wifi SD cards & Ipad, instant review

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I'm interested in purchasing either of these cards to use with my ipad retina for instant reviews in the field. Hopefully this combination will reduce disappointments when I get home!
I'm led to believe the wifi cards will work fine with a Nikon D610, just really canvassing peoples experience and opinions before I splash yet more cash.

I recently got the Toshiba version of the wifi SD card. It works really well with my iPad and iPhone 5S.
It works differently to the Eye-fi card, in that it doesn't have any on camera menus, but once set up via a computer it works well.
With mine you can have it turn itself off after so many mins of no wifi activity, or as I prefer there is an image on the card that when you lock and un lock it you are actually turning the connection on and off, so less drain on the battery.
As far as the IOS app goes it's ok. I've not had any issues with it crashing, and transfer (jpg only) is faster than using the Apple SD card reader.

I use it with my Canon 5Dmkiii. I write raw to the CF card and small jpg to the SD card. These are good enough to upload to FB etc, when I'm out and about. The images do transfer automatically if you have everything connected, and that's quite clever.

Hi
The toshiba flashair works well on my d90 and xf1 with both android and apple. The only thing I cannot do is display raw files on the nexus 7 or iPad.

I use an eye fi with my D800 and iPad. Works quite well, no problems configuring or using it but the range isn't too far, a couple of metres is about usual.

Last edited:
I recently got the Toshiba version of the wifi SD card. It works really well with my iPad and iPhone 5S.
It works differently to the Eye-fi card, in that it doesn't have any on camera menus, but once set up via a computer it works well.
With mine you can have it turn itself off after so many mins of no wifi activity, or as I prefer there is an image on the card that when you lock and un lock it you are actually turning the connection on and off, so less drain on the battery.
As far as the IOS app goes it's ok. I've not had any issues with it crashing, and transfer (jpg only) is faster than using the Apple SD card reader.

I use it with my Canon 5Dmkiii. I write raw to the CF card and small jpg to the SD card. These are good enough to upload to FB etc, when I'm out and about. The images do transfer automatically if you have everything connected, and that's quite clever.

Thanks all.

In the field, can I have instant review on the ipad with the to Toshiba?

Back