Eyes like pools!

Handsome boy!

Not too keen on the overpowering catchlights but don't know what you could do about them.

Heather

I really like the background, is it blue paper?

Thanks, the background is blue wallpaper on a sheet of MDF.
I use that until such time as I can get a variety of vinyl together.

Handsome boy!

Not too keen on the overpowering catchlights but don't know what you could do about them.

Heather

Thanks Heather.
Im guessing the catch light issue is probably due to the working distance between subject and octabox being slightly closer than I normally have them. Also the smaller catch light is the reflector so maybe need to find away of not letting it show in the eyes.
Would be keen to hear other thoughts regarding the catch lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I could criticise is something you have already pointed out, the double catchlights.
Apart from that, I really like it, well done.

The only thing I could criticise is something you have already pointed out, the double catchlights.
Apart from that, I really like it, well done.

Appreciate the feedback Gary, thanks!
I guess practice will make perfect for reflector positioning.

Nice shot Stuart, excellent lighting. I have been thinking about a wallpaper background for ages - you have convinced me.

Lovely eyes...

ok, so how do you only get a single catch light when your using more than one light???
Thankyou!

Nice shot Stuart, excellent lighting. I have been thinking about a wallpaper background for ages - you have convinced me.

Wallpaper is good if you can lay your hands on some sheet MDF. I just use a 4'x4' board papered on both sides. Going to buy another sheet of 8'x4' and cut it in half, that will give me another 4 options of papered backgrounds along with the two I have at present.
I just look for rolls of wallpaper that are marked down for sale or reduced as they are discontinued.
Will eventually get a couple of rolls of vinyl to complete the set up.

Lovely shot - very clear and nicely lighted (y)

thank you for your comments

Back