Eyes wide shut

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
After seeing how important it is to keep the animals eye in focus, after looking at threads on here, i set out to get a sharp eye shot of my cat. He wasn't playing ball.
Ran it through lightroom which i only just bought, and c&c would be appreciated, as i dont really know what i am doing with it.

Toby
5129568305_d7659a1b8a_z.jpg

You forgot the golden rule.. once they're in position and shut their eyes, drop the iron on their tail whilst firing a 3 shot burst lol.

The sepia works well but he or she does look like its had a run in with madam guillotine

Looks more like a panther than a cat, as Ian said it does look like you may have dropped a carving knife on it, but apart from that, lovely photo.

he was lying down with his head hanging over the edge of his bed when i took the shot. i don't want to gain a reputation as a domestic animal violencer.
thanks for checking out the shot though. appreciated

(no cats were harmed in the writing of this message)

I really like this one.

The gritty feel works well (as does the noise) but I'd be tempted to get rid of the bright horizontal line under the left cheek.

I really like this too - the PP works really well. I'd actually keep the bright line as it shows he's resting his head on something rather than been to the guillotine :D

Let me give you a tip for taking pictures of cats with closed eyes.

Just before you press the shutter, pant; yes pant like a dog. They will always open their eyes and look wide eyes at you.

Serious tip. I know you feel stupid doing that for the first time but it does work really well.

Thats a lovely shot eyes shut in relaxed chill out pose that only cats can do.

Well as my cat puts paws across his face the minute I point the camera at him, have just tried panting at him to have wide open eyes and one leaping cat onto laptop. So perhaps tether cat should be added to that advise

This cat is totally relaxed and I like it with its eyes shot. I'd get rid of the noise though, but apart from that it's a good shot.

Also to my eye his head is not totally straight, don't think if you straighten that out it would be correct either as the table would be wonky :D

Back