F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can I just pinch post #1000 in this thread to thank Janet again for all the hard work she put into making the Onich week such a success? :clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations on your post 1000 :plus1:

There must be a "how many posts does it take to organise a trip to Scotland" joke in there somewhere :)

Can I just pinch post #1000 in this thread to thank Janet again for all the hard work she put into making the Onich week such a success? :clap::clap::clap:
All I did was organise it. Everybody who came along made it the success that it was.

I'm still surprised that a couple of throwaway comments in a different thread turned into a mega holiday with a total of 20 people in attendance at various times of the week! Brilliant!

Just to remind people of this thread, and the experience!

We are up in that neck of the woods at the moment, with my younger daughter who is turning into a keen photographer (the other kind, know what I mean?). Staying near Fort William, did Glenfinnan and Glen Nevis yesterday. Today we went to the silver sands of Morar, a lovely day, except that my film counter crept up tp 38, 39, 40.... You might remember that I lost a day's worth of shooting in the last trip because of not loading a film properly. It seems that when I reloaded up near the Steall Falls at the tope of Glen Nevis, I misloaded again! Aaaarrrggghhh!

We are up in that neck of the woods at the moment, with my younger daughter who is turning into a keen photographer (the other kind, know what I mean?). Staying near Fort William, did Glenfinnan and Glen Nevis yesterday. Today we went to the silver sands of Morar, a lovely day, except that my film counter crept up tp 38, 39, 40.... You might remember that I lost a day's worth of shooting in the last trip because of not loading a film properly. It seems that when I reloaded up near the Steall Falls at the tope of Glen Nevis, I misloaded again! Aaaarrrggghhh!
Will you never learn chris?

Last edited:
I misloaded again! Aaaarrrggghhh!

Happened to me a few months ago when I didn't check the rewind was turning :eek:...but could be more of a problem with cameras that don't have a rewind knob, with battery operated Canons you get a warning in display, but can't remember if my battery Chinon and Nikon cameras do the same. :rolleyes:

Will you never learn chris?
Apparently not! Tends to happen when in the field and under pressure... :(

Luckily I discovered the mis-load when at the furthest point of our walk, and was able to have another go at a couple of shots on the way back. We did have pretty god weather this time, which was a treat after the tog trip!

Sands of Morar is a nice bit of the world but not a patch on Uist.

Sands of Morar is a nice bit of the world but not a patch on Uist.
I believe you... but no idea when, or if I'm going to get to Uist or Harris or...

Apparently not! Tends to happen when in the field and under pressure... :(
Or while trying to load a roll of Portra 800 into a Canon A1 under the influence of a hot bacon sandwich and a mug of tea, while trying to hold polite conversation with the F&C locals at the meet-up point in the café during a trip to the Black Country Living Museum. That's what did it for me last time, and I too got to frame 38 before that OFFS feeling set in! I share your pain, but it's reassuring to know someone else has done a 'Badger'!

Last edited:
Back