F-Stop Bags

Love my Loka, took an age to get it. Waiting on a few accessories, ordered in April - expected delivery in September. Great kit, bit pricey, supply lines could be better...

I was all set to buy one, a Guru, but found that it would take weeks, if not months before I'd actually get it. So I went and bout a Kata bag instead. I may well be tempted again though.

An F-Stop bag is on my 'wish list' to get - but as has already been mentioned the lack of somewhere to go and actually see one is part of the reason I've not got one yet.

I use a Tilopa BC and love it to bits. Should it ever needed replacing, I would without hesitation spend out on another.

They are far more thought out than other mass produced rubbish on the market place.

I've been looking at these for ages. I'm currently looking for a Loka or Tilopa but it seems their delivery is lacking a bit.

When looking for one I decided to visit the Paramo Store in Covent Garden, London to get one as they were one of the first and largest stockists.

I know not of your location, but you may be able to deal with them over the telephone and get one sent out to you.

www.paramo.co.uk

I don't know.

If you click on the link I have provided above, it will give the stores details. Give them a call and find out.

They only seem to have the smaller bags listed on their site for online ordering.

They only seem to have the smaller bags listed on their site for online ordering.

Send them an email if you can't phone, they aren't really set up for online ordering as the stock moves quickly, but they will take card payment over the phone and I am pretty sure they will ship internationally as well.

You can also contact the Wadhurst store: 01892 785634.

I am driving through Wadhurst later today, I'll pop in and see what they have in stock.

I love my Loka - much more comfortable than my previous bag (Lowepro Vertex 200). I would buy another one if it needed replacing, and would recommend them to others, but only if they are prepared for a long wait.

I intended to go for F-Stop Guru and finished up importing a Naneu Alpha from Poland because I didn't want to wait. To be honest it was the rear opening that I wanted. A supplier that carried stock would be very helpful.

Stevie

jerry12953 said:
My only reservation about them is that they open at the back. That might be great for security but if I was spending that much money on a bag I'd be looking for one where accessibility was improved, rather than made worse.

As an aside, how exactly would you want an outdoor pack to open? It's designed that way so that the back and straps of the bag stay clean when you access the gear

As an aside, how exactly would you want an outdoor pack to open? It's designed that way so that the back and straps of the bag stay clean when you access the gear

I don't know really. I've used a Lowepro for many years and that sits on the base of the pack when you access your gear.

I've never tried a sling pack. Do they work?

But at the price of an f-stop bag I'd be looking for easier accessibility, I think.

I don't know really. I've used a Lowepro for many years and that sits on the base of the pack when you access your gear.

I've never tried a sling pack. Do they work?

But at the price of an f-stop bag I'd be looking for easier accessibility, I think.

I think it comes down to what you need the bag for, for a round the city bag you would want a shoulder or sling bag for quick access but for long hikes, mountain biking, skiing etc you need something which is firstly comfortable and secondly well built. From my uses the F-Stop is still my go-to bag for long term off-the beaten-track travel use. For intercity work I have either think tank streetwalker or a coordinate gear ranger which are both smaller and lighter.

I work for an Outdoor Shop that deals with the F-Stop UK importer and as such we are considering keeping a few of the packs and modules. Just wanted to gauge peoples interest in the brand, and models of key interest.

Thanks for feedback.

I think it would be a good idea. There's only the Paramo shop in London. Despite my comments above I'm thinking of buying a Loka bag to replace my worn out Lowepro. It would be very handy to be able to go and see one first.

I have the Loka and mainly use it for days out in the forest following stage rallying. Absolutely brilliant.
There seem to be problems with delivery in the UK, bit if you can get your hands on one you’ll be more than happy.

i just bought the fstop guru and small ICU from www.paramo.co.uk . i went to there shop last saturday and they had the guru in both black and green colour. they also had the loka bright blue one as well as medium ICU.

They expect to get more stock in around October but if you are looking for a loka or guru, grab it from there

I bought a guru from the Paramo shop in London
either last year or the year before, along with the pro small and medium ICU.

Absolutely love the bag, very comfy and looks like a regular backpack.

its a great bag and only had it a few days and really love it. well built, not too large either compared to my fstop loka.

I think it comes down to what you need the bag for, for a round the city bag you would want a shoulder or sling bag for quick access

That's interesting, I placed equipment security over ease of access for city work, hence wanting the F-Stop with the rear access panel. To each his own.

This bag looks interesting. It doesn't have replaceable ICU's but seems to tick a lot of boxes for me. Just can't be sure from the f-stop website how much space there is for other gear.

It would be so useful if you could just nip down to the shop to have a look at one!

http://fstopgear.com/product/mountain/kenti#.UjHDpL5waJB

my point is why dont you call them and see if they ahve it in stock and while your in london, whip out your camera and take street pics. seriously, where that shop is, it is a gold mind for street photography.

Heck if u dont want to take pics, go shopping nearby in the west end or see some shows/events in covent garden(right where the shop is actually)

Soo many things you can do where the shop is :)

my point is why dont you call them and see if they ahve it in stock and while your in london, whip out your camera and take street pics. seriously, where that shop is, it is a gold mind for street photography.

Heck if u dont want to take pics, go shopping nearby in the west end or see some shows/events in covent garden(right where the shop is actually)

Soo many things you can do where the shop is :)

Yes, I know all that. But when you live out in the sticks like I do, going to London is a major expedition!

Back